Author Topic: Are My Goals Realistic?  (Read 1483 times)

RedLips

Are My Goals Realistic?
« on: January 08, 2018, 07:30:06 PM »
Hi, all! It's been a while since I've been on this forum.

I"ve made the decision to pursue jaw surgery with Dr. Neugarten in New York. I know that I'll have to wear braces (I'm planning on getting Invisaligns) for a while before the surgery, but I'm hoping I can have the LeFort done either this summer or next. (It depends when my cosmetic fillers where off completely.)

I have a gummy smile, but my main concern is my long face. I feel like the distance between my eyes and lips is too much. I'm hoping this surgery will help, but the doctor said he's only bringing the top jaw up about 4 millimeters. Will that be enough of a difference? Will I even notice the results?

logan

Re: Are My Goals Realistic?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 10:15:51 AM »
Hi! I'm very curious what you decided to do and how it turned out. I think we are doppelgangers, because I am also considering jaw surgery with Dr. Neugarten and he is also proposing raising my upper jaw by 4 mm (and I have long face/open bite/gummy smile). Please let me know if you see this!

simonsjaw11

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 10:33:45 AM »
I was wondering if the upper jaw is raised up, would that change the distance from eyes to lip? Maybe a philtrum shortening surgery would help?

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 10:59:57 AM »
I was wondering if the upper jaw is raised up, would that change the distance from eyes to lip? Maybe a philtrum shortening surgery would help?

You would have to get a lip lift.