Author Topic: Would I benefit from Jaw Surgery?  (Read 3735 times)

Austinou88

Re: Would I benefit from Jaw Surgery?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2018, 09:20:45 PM »
Yeah, you do look normal. Your hairline is fine, your eyebrows are fine as they match the rest of your face. You need to get your ass in the gym to raise your T levels and get some fire and spirit in your eyes (as opposed to the sad and sorry look you're sporting now)

You do have a smallish and receding lower jaw, so if you're willing to undergo jaw surgery (which is no f**king joke), you need to find a surgeon that does CCW rotation to maximize the anterior projection of your lower face. Below is a quick morph of what bimax+chin wing could look like

Really appreciate the morph!, what did you use to do that if you don't mind me asking?
I'm actually a little bigger now that I got through boot camp.

Mind if I PM you about a few jaw surgeons I found some positive feedback on?

Austinou88

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2018, 09:50:52 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with you. Your chin looks a bit receeded, but it's nothing detrimental Imo. Try growing out a beard and see how that looks on you.

With the morph above you could probably get a similar result with a genioplasty that added a bit of projection and vertical height. I honestly wouldnt allow anyone to operate on my eyes. Outside of maybe Lasik, but I like wearing glasses. Definitely tread carefully.
Man, I'd grow out a beard if my job allowed me to.
I've looked into Sliding Genioplasty before but couldn't you just get a similar result from using dermal fillers?

I've spent a lot of time researching Oculoplastic surgeons and found someone a lot of people here seem to recommend.
But it seems with eye's there's not too much you can really change, unless you got something MAJOR like orbital box osteotomy.
Which is only done on children at a very young age.

Austinou88

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2018, 09:58:59 PM »
Fair question. Without xrays we obviously can't tell what would be needed for optimal results.

I did lower the ramus in the morph, which a Bimax doesn't do. Looking at his front view, his lower third is lacking in width, which a chin wing could take care of.
Is a Chin Wing the same thing as a chin implant, just something that would wrap around more?

breezeblox

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2018, 12:58:34 PM »
I see zero need to do the hair/eye stuff. Your jaw is slightly receded, though.

If you were to do anything, I'd just get jaw advancement done. Obviously this is a taxing procedure.