Author Topic: CCW compared to jutting lower jaw forward?  (Read 1197 times)

CuriousDonut

CCW compared to jutting lower jaw forward?
« on: January 16, 2018, 01:22:15 AM »
I am in obvious need of CCW rotation + bimax + MLFIII/zygomatic-suborbital advancement but I just wanted to understand the effects of CCW rotation.

If one juts their lower jaw out, then their mid face looks recessed. My midface is recessed whether I just my lower jaw out or not, so if CCW rotation has the equivalent effect of me jutting my lower jaw out then why should I even bother.

When I just my lower jaw forward my face becomes longer and features worse. Does CCW rotation mimic this or does it look different?

Lefortitude

Re: CCW compared to jutting lower jaw forward?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 09:15:17 AM »
its like jutting forward and doin a deep bite ON THE MANDIBLE ONLY.  if youre thinking about the full jaw, its like seperating the upper jaw, sliding it forward, rotating it up (i.e back goes down) about the point under the anterior nasal spine, and then seperating the lower jaw and advancin/rotating it to match the bite connection with the upper jaw, from my understanding.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 11:06:16 AM »
I am in obvious need of CCW rotation + bimax + MLFIII/zygomatic-suborbital advancement but I just wanted to understand the effects of CCW rotation.

If one juts their lower jaw out, then their mid face looks recessed. My midface is recessed whether I just my lower jaw out or not, so if CCW rotation has the equivalent effect of me jutting my lower jaw out then why should I even bother.

When I just my lower jaw forward my face becomes longer and features worse. Does CCW rotation mimic this or does it look different?

If you know you are in 'obvious' need of CCW rotation + bimax + MLFIII/zygomatic-suborbital advancement, such knowledge should reflect your capacity to also know what kind of rotation you are doing when the act of jutting out your jaw makes your face appear longer.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

CuriousDonut

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 05:47:45 PM »
you always this snarky?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 06:04:33 PM »
you always this snarky?

Only when annoyed by people who proclaim it's 'obvious' they need a L3.   IMO if you know enough to know the rotations you need, then it should follow you should be able to figure out the rotation you're doing with the lower jaw.

Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.