Author Topic: Anyone consulted with Dr. S Anthony Wolfe for jaw, cheeks, anything?  (Read 2771 times)

Lazlo

• Private

Bobbit

Re: Anyone consulted with Dr. S Anthony Wolfe for jaw, cheeks, anything?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 04:27:18 PM »

http://santhonywolfemd.com/

Have you read his book -  the biography of Tessier ?   

He is getting up in years.   He is trained as a Plastic Surgeon and as a Craniofacial Surgeon (in Paris, he was one the handful of Americans who were fellows with Tessier over the years from about 1973- until about 1990.)    Pretty sure that Wolf was never formally trained as an orthognathic surgeon, which you might want for doing the jaw surgery.   

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 05:12:36 PM »
Have you read his book -  the biography of Tessier ?   

He is getting up in years.   He is trained as a Plastic Surgeon and as a Craniofacial Surgeon (in Paris, he was one the handful of Americans who were fellows with Tessier over the years from about 1973- until about 1990.)    Pretty sure that Wolf was never formally trained as an orthognathic surgeon, which you might want for doing the jaw surgery.

I was asking for other craniofacial stuff.

ditterbo

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 05:21:17 PM »
Holy cow he does genioplasties on the absolute LAAAST patients that should ever get an isolated chin advancement. I've never seen such bad results.  He takes people who very obviously need jaw surgery and give them super unnatural chins.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 05:58:32 PM »
Holy cow he does genioplasties on the absolute LAAAST patients that should ever get an isolated chin advancement. I've never seen such bad results.  He takes people who very obviously need jaw surgery and give them super unnatural chins.

LOL.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Bobbit

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 07:56:20 PM »

Possibly - -  because he is not trained to do orthognathic surgery ?   

So, sometimes, the patient ends up getting the procedure that fits the surgeon's tool box, rather than a situation where the surgeon's tool box encompasses the patient's actual needs?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 08:01:52 PM »
some photos show the single lefort 1 advancement on a single upper jaw retrusion case.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 09:44:00 PM »

how do you know this?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 02:38:40 AM »
Old, probably has his aesthetic blunted by seeing severely deformed kids all the time. I bet for him close enough is good enough, whereas for non syndromal cases 2 mms can be the difference between looking normal and off. Just the kind of surgeon that did my surgery.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 06:36:06 AM »
how do you know this?

From looking at the genio photos on the photo section.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2018, 03:03:58 PM »
Yeah I suspect he tries to fix most cases that need orthagnathic surgery through a overzealous genios.

Personally I like a strong chin, and I think you can only really work with what you have going on there so the shape of what the genio will turn out to be is a result of the intrinsic shape of your bone (it can be contoured a bit and stuff).

Old surgeons think they completely understand what you want and then just give you what they thought you were looking for. But I dunno, he has no results of the "malar osteotomy" there which is listed as a service and that's what I wanted to know whether he could do or not.

Lestat

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 02:28:57 AM »
I would definitely consult him for a malar osteotomy. I know that he also does Mod. Lf 3. It would be interesting to learn more about his surgical methods.