Author Topic: Filler for lower eyelid retraction  (Read 2347 times)

Jilkster

Filler for lower eyelid retraction
« on: January 23, 2018, 10:05:40 AM »
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaoph...cle/420688

https://synapse.koreamed.org/DOIx.php?id...2.53.3.357

Anyone have any knowledge on this? Particular how to exactly do it and what level of expertise it requires? I consulted with Gal Aharonov online but was too dumb to ask the details of how it's done. I'm consulting with my local derm tomorrow who says he's only done it once before. Anyone have any input on how it is done, any experiences? Any general input?

Forgive me if this is not welcome here as it's not jaw related, I wasn't sure if the aesthetics section welcomes all discussion on cosmetic procedures.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Filler for lower eyelid retraction
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 11:53:10 AM »
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaoph...cle/420688

https://synapse.koreamed.org/DOIx.php?id...2.53.3.357

Anyone have any knowledge on this? Particular how to exactly do it and what level of expertise it requires? I consulted with Gal Aharonov online but was too dumb to ask the details of how it's done. I'm consulting with my local derm tomorrow who says he's only done it once before. Anyone have any input on how it is done, any experiences? Any general input?

Forgive me if this is not welcome here as it's not jaw related, I wasn't sure if the aesthetics section welcomes all discussion on cosmetic procedures.

One page says; 'Not found' and the other is BLANK.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Jilkster

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 12:43:53 PM »

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 01:07:51 PM »
Maybe concern yourself with finding a derm/ injector who does a lot of these (instead of asking; 'How to exactly do it.') Now that you fixed the links, one of the pages does show it being done.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 04:47:16 PM »
those are some decent results. the future will be fillers. once they can get stable permanent biological fillers. or stabilize fat and make it completely emulsive and bloodborne. We'll be flying.

miwe13

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 10:46:16 PM »
I have looked into this. Fillers can sometimes work because they mimic the effect of lost volume around the cheek and eye area of the aging face. I don't think I have seen dramatic changes that completely eliminated scleral show. Lower eyelid retraction surgery seems to be quite effective in the hands of the right oculoplastic surgeon. But please be careful the lower eyelid is not the forte of every oculoplastic surgeon as upper eyelid surgeries are. I got a quote from Dr Taban who has some amazing results but quoted my $12k...for 1-2 mm correction ffs. There are other surgeons who don't charge the Beverly Hills price he does. I am not actively looking into the procedure anymore so can't recommend anyone cheaper.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 11:52:09 PM »
I have looked into this. Fillers can sometimes work because they mimic the effect of lost volume around the cheek and eye area of the aging face. I don't think I have seen dramatic changes that completely eliminated scleral show. Lower eyelid retraction surgery seems to be quite effective in the hands of the right oculoplastic surgeon. But please be careful the lower eyelid is not the forte of every oculoplastic surgeon as upper eyelid surgeries are. I got a quote from Dr Taban who has some amazing results but quoted my $12k...for 1-2 mm correction ffs. There are other surgeons who don't charge the Beverly Hills price he does. I am not actively looking into the procedure anymore so can't recommend anyone cheaper.

f**k him, what a ripoff for 1 mm correction. Like you could even measure that. All his results aren't that great. Look at the intense make-up on most of the after results. That makes 99 percent of the difference you see.

miwe13

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 02:29:34 AM »
f**k him, what a ripoff for 1 mm correction. Like you could even measure that. All his results aren't that great. Look at the intense make-up on most of the after results. That makes 99 percent of the difference you see.

Yup easy pass. Might try a filler because under eyes are hollow. So hard to find one for that area though.

Jilkster

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 03:17:17 AM »

You can see in the Korean paper this method can achieve 1-2 mm correction. I know someone who has gotten it done, who previously had lower lid retraction surgery. He reported 1-2mm correction with filler too. Surgery seems to be able to achieve a little more, for those who need that, at higher risk and much higher cost.

miwe13

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 06:20:28 PM »
You can see in the Korean paper this method can achieve 1-2 mm correction. I know someone who has gotten it done, who previously had lower lid retraction surgery. He reported 1-2mm correction with filler too. Surgery seems to be able to achieve a little more, for those who need that, at higher risk and much higher cost.

Lower eyelid surgery success IMO is full dependent on surgical skill. I have seen so many botched lower eyelid surgeries by Oculoplastic surgeons fixed by these three gods of eyelid surgery: Dr Guy Massry, Raymond Douglas and Taban...I mean what else do you expect they write textbooks on the topic and lecture all over the world. Only reason I can't justify the price is because the correction wouldn't add much to my face. $12k can be spent on so many other things in life.

miwe13

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2018, 06:20:53 PM »
Lower eyelid surgery success IMO is mostly dependent on surgical skill. I have seen so many botched lower eyelid surgeries by Oculoplastic surgeons fixed by these three gods of eyelid surgery: Dr Guy Massry, Raymond Douglas and Taban...I mean what else do you expect they write textbooks on the topic and lecture all over the world. Only reason I can't justify the price is because the correction wouldn't add much to my face. $12k can be spent on so many other things in life.

Jilkster

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2018, 10:43:28 AM »
Lower eyelid surgery success IMO is full dependent on surgical skill. I have seen so many botched lower eyelid surgeries by Oculoplastic surgeons fixed by these three gods of eyelid surgery: Dr Guy Massry, Raymond Douglas and Taban...I mean what else do you expect they write textbooks on the topic and lecture all over the world. Only reason I can't justify the price is because the correction wouldn't add much to my face. $12k can be spent on so many other things in life.

I think highly of Massry but even his consults are pricey, would like to speak with him about filler vs surgery for lower lid retraction. If you consult him about it I'm very curious. Taban is not a fan of filler for it longterm. I think Massry likes it more.

miwe13

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2018, 05:37:14 PM »
I think highly of Massry but even his consults are pricey, would like to speak with him about filler vs surgery for lower lid retraction. If you consult him about it I'm very curious. Taban is not a fan of filler for it longterm. I think Massry likes it more.

Taban = businessman
Massry = always doing what is best for the patient. I would pay his consultation fee because it will be a legit enlightening experience and not a sales pitch.