Author Topic: What can you do to elevate jaw angle after cw?  (Read 1003 times)

ben from UK

What can you do to elevate jaw angle after cw?
« on: September 27, 2018, 12:20:01 PM »
My cw resulted in a longer face (not good) and more asymmetry (right jaw angle is much lower than the left one). What can be done about this? Is a new cw needed or can the lower boarder of the jawline be shaved?

Thanks in advance

ben from UK

Re: What can you do to elevate jaw angle after cw?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 04:38:08 PM »
By the way, has anyone done a cw revision?

beyondconfusedtbh

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 11:36:46 PM »
Surely only the posterior is longer? That's not considered 'not good' by anyone.

Did you end up getting your implants removed btw? I'd probably do that then get a revision once you're healed. Don't rush it. Use the time to look into possible solutions. If you jump into things without knowing about the consequences you'll make this process much longer than if you just take it steady.

ben from UK

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 07:08:07 PM »
Surely only the posterior is longer? That's not considered 'not good' by anyone.

Did you end up getting your implants removed btw? I'd probably do that then get a revision once you're healed. Don't rush it. Use the time to look into possible solutions. If you jump into things without knowing about the consequences you'll make this process much longer than if you just take it steady.

It depends of the face i think. I don't see much change in the lateral direction. Just the lowering of my jawangles, with the right angle lower than the left, making it more asymetric. Maybe it was the swelling or i have relapse, but there seemed to be more width the first three weeks. Now what's left is a longer face because of lower jaw angles.

This is not to bash the surgeon who did it, I just assess what i see. I needed a drop down (not so much as now) but i also and foremost needed a lateral movement. I don't know if cw is suited for that.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 09:04:31 PM by ben from UK »