Author Topic: Scleral show?  (Read 197 times)

Sanj87

Scleral show?
« on: January 30, 2018, 09:47:39 AM »
Can anybody tell me why i have so much scleal show please. Is it possible to tell from an xray? I have attached my ceph. I have 3mm scleral show also from the xray what is the cause of this and how should i get it fixee. Thanks

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Scleral show?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 11:22:26 AM »
It's usually due, in part, to the orientation of the bony orbits; they eye sockets; the holes the eyeballs are in and the lower part of the bony circumference outside of the eyeball holes in the skull called the lower orbital rim. It's not an uncommon trait for some ethnic groups to have. So, personally, I would not assess it as a 'deformity'. The best way to show it is via a frontal photo and also a profile.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Lestat

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 11:35:30 AM »
how should i get it fixee.

Fat transfer under eyes.

Sanj87

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 01:44:32 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Also whats the reason for upper eyelid retraction? As i   have quite alot where i see other people hardly have any

needadvancement

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 02:08:38 PM »
It's usually due, in part, to the orientation of the bony orbits; they eye sockets; the holes the eyeballs are in and the lower part of the bony circumference outside of the eyeball holes in the skull called the lower orbital rim. It's not an uncommon trait for some ethnic groups to have. So, personally, I would not assess it as a 'deformity'. The best way to show it is via a frontal photo and also a profile.

Yeah I've seen scleral show on people with good bone structure and no sleral show on people with weak bone structure. Definitely more factors at play there.