Author Topic: Future is bright, do what you can in the meantime.  (Read 104 times)

CuriousDonut

Future is bright, do what you can in the meantime.
« on: January 30, 2018, 04:25:57 PM »
Just try to be fucking happy, exhaust all available options when it comes to surgery and accept the outcome and attempt to be at peace with it, because you've given it a shot. The majority of experts predict singularity will occur within our lifetime (depends on how old some of you are). Once that happens, it's any ones guess. Hello nanotech, hello advanced surgery, hello age reversal, hello lifelike 100% realistic simulations/virtual reality of our world/society at any time you pick.

That's my plan at least, gonna do what I can with available surgeries, accept that I've done all there is that could have been done and just live life, become knowledgeable and bide time until the singularity :)

(this is for those that are unhappy about aesthetic outcomes btw)

Jilkster

Re: Future is bright, do what you can in the meantime.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 06:56:03 PM »
Stick to your wig Mr Kurzweil, you're too old for jaw surgery.

CuriousDonut

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 07:25:08 PM »
Stick to your wig Mr Kurzweil, you're too old for jaw surgery.

you're the type of person holding society and human evolution down you realise?

Jilkster

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 02:28:26 AM »
you're the type of person holding society and human evolution down you realise?

Just poking some fun at "The majority of experts predict singularity will occur within our lifetime ".

I'm certainly hoping for rejuvenation biotech and artificial general intelligence in particular. And perhaps narrower AI that will really speed up rejuvenation biotech. I even donate to the SENS foundation.

Just didn't dig the kurzweilian tone here. Also the fact that there's a chance of indefinite lifespans in our lifetime should be a major reason to be very careful with surgery, not to live it up doing crazy surgeries and taking major risks.