Author Topic: Are (canting) of the maxilla fixed better with rotation or ...  (Read 876 times)

JigJaw_:/

Are (canting) of the maxilla fixed better with rotation or ...
« on: February 23, 2018, 11:54:09 AM »
Haven't had much free time to research until lately, still coming up unsure on this. So. One side of my face appears sunkin relative to the other. I plan to go ahead with Leforte downgraft in the not so distant  future, but I'm still in the glancing stages. Can a (cant) be corrected with a regular Leforte w/out rotation, or is bimax better suited?  Obviously all cases are different,but I didn't know if rotation offers more . The surgeon I saw said he didn't think I needed forward movement, but I can't be sure. He said that a genioplasty along with 3 piece Leforte downgraft was needed instead, and this would balance as well as give more tooth show and also when the maxilla comes down it would also drop the mandible a bit naturally offering more length. I will see him, as well as other surgeons as I get closer to pulling the trigger, but I'm curious now. I guess my concern is that both jaws are off and need work to achieve the balance I'm seeking.  Or  perhaps it's just the maxilla being "crooked" and at a slightly different length which is causing the bottom to follow suit and tilt as well.
Thoughts. Questions. Concerns.

David_D

• Private
Re: Are (canting) of the maxilla fixed better with rotation or ...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 02:29:25 PM »
I don’t know how a cant could be fixed by only operating on one jaw. I think moving both would be required to fix a cant.

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 12:53:16 PM »
 :-\ that's not the answer I wanted. LoL.

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 08:30:26 PM »