Author Topic: Will sliding genio help my submental area?  (Read 3268 times)

jesterofmalice

Will sliding genio help my submental area?
« on: January 31, 2018, 09:23:29 AM »
I think my chin needs to be wider and taller. I want to get a rhino, but wonder whether it makes sense to sort my chin first in case it makes my nose look better?
I saw a surgeon who said this could be done with augmentation genioplasty.
(I probably truly need double jaw surgery, but I can't afford that so looking for the next best thing to improve my face as I am unattractive)

I'm wondering it it would be likely that my submental area would be improved if I done this surgery?
I'm also curious how the genio would effect my lips? They are also a little frowning. I suspect a result of a lack of support which maybe a genio could also help with?

thanks

https://imgur.com/a/OhISm

And as a final note, if anyone can recommend some good and affordable surgeons in Europe who would maybe do a discount if I got multiple surgeries, that'd be awesome!
The surgeon I saw quoted me 3k GBP for the rhino and 3800 GBP for the rhino (no multiple surger discount, although I am told lots of surgeons do offer this)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 09:31:51 AM by jesterofmalice »

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Will sliding genio help my submental area?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 10:31:38 AM »
Chin and jaw are good. What's throwing your face off can be isolated to the nose. In the event a chin change would balance with a rhino, it should be done same time as the rhino.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

fulcanelli

• Private
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 10:48:14 AM »
Yep I wouldn’t change your jaw or chin if I were you. What do you hope to achieve with the rhino ? I would be really clear to the surgeon. Eg make the tip thinner, nostrils smaller etc. For what it’s worth I think you look good and don’t need anything done.

jesterofmalice

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 12:05:22 PM »
Chin and jaw are good. What's throwing your face off can be isolated to the nose. In the event a chin change would balance with a rhino, it should be done same time as the rhino.

For the last decade or so, I wake up trying to work out what makes me look bad, and each day, I flip between ''It's my nose! it's too big'' and ''It's my chin! my nose is OK. Just looks bad because my chin is weak. That's also why my lips are downturned''. I flip my decision everyday!

So it sounds like you think it's mainly my nose that 'throws my face off'? It's a cheaper surgery at least!
Yep I wouldn’t change your jaw or chin if I were you. What do you hope to achieve with the rhino ? I would be really clear to the surgeon. Eg make the tip thinner, nostrils smaller etc. For what it’s worth I think you look good and don’t need anything done.

Yeah, it's a bit tough. On that pic from the front, I feel as though it looks 'OK...ish'. Coud be a bit thinner, but not a dealbreaker
But in profile and 3/4 view it looks bad. The whole thing sticks out too much. It droops and spreads too much when I smile. The nostrils are too 'long'. It's weird because I kind of like my big nostrils from the front, but not from the side! I'm not sure what's possible when it comes to that, but I at least know how i'd like it to look.

Having said that, i'd still want to fix the submental area. Maybe a genio down teh road when i've saved up some more money? I want to attack wahtever is the most pressing matter first, and it sounds like it's my nose

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 01:56:15 PM »
For the last decade or so, I wake up trying to work out what makes me look bad, and each day, I flip between ''It's my nose! it's too big'' and ''It's my chin! my nose is OK. Just looks bad because my chin is weak. That's also why my lips are downturned''. I flip my decision everyday!

So it sounds like you think it's mainly my nose that 'throws my face off'? It's a cheaper surgery at least!
Yeah, it's a bit tough. On that pic from the front, I feel as though it looks 'OK...ish'. Coud be a bit thinner, but not a dealbreaker
But in profile and 3/4 view it looks bad. The whole thing sticks out too much. It droops and spreads too much when I smile. The nostrils are too 'long'. It's weird because I kind of like my big nostrils from the front, but not from the side! I'm not sure what's possible when it comes to that, but I at least know how i'd like it to look.

Having said that, i'd still want to fix the submental area. Maybe a genio down teh road when i've saved up some more money? I want to attack wahtever is the most pressing matter first, and it sounds like it's my nose

It's your nose.

jesterofmalice

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 02:27:38 PM »
It's your nose.

thanks.
think that's helped concrete what will be my first 'move' in regards to surgery. I hope to be able to save the money to get it sorted this year.

Another question you may or may not be able to help with; Since i'm still 'on the fences' in regards to my chin, i'm tempted to try something that can be reversed easily, such as an implant.
Now, I don't feel as though I necessarily need much more forward movement, but I read that 'Implantech' had developed a chin implant that is designed specifically for extra vertical chin length. Certainly interesting to me due to the price (much less than genio I imagine) and also the fact it can easily be reversed.

However, I can't seem to find any surgeons who advertise that they offer this implant outside of the US for some reason.

Do you happen to know of any?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 03:03:37 PM »
thanks.
think that's helped concrete what will be my first 'move' in regards to surgery. I hope to be able to save the money to get it sorted this year.

Another question you may or may not be able to help with; Since i'm still 'on the fences' in regards to my chin, i'm tempted to try something that can be reversed easily, such as an implant.
Now, I don't feel as though I necessarily need much more forward movement, but I read that 'Implantech' had developed a chin implant that is designed specifically for extra vertical chin length. Certainly interesting to me due to the price (much less than genio I imagine) and also the fact it can easily be reversed.

However, I can't seem to find any surgeons who advertise that they offer this implant outside of the US for some reason.

Do you happen to know of any?

Implants are not really 'easily reversed'. Like you never go back to having a 'virgin' chin because you're cut into 2X and there will be scar tissue. They are fine only when there is SURETY that is what is needed.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 03:49:18 PM »
I think my chin needs to be wider and taller. I want to get a rhino, but wonder whether it makes sense to sort my chin first in case it makes my nose look better?
(I probably truly need double jaw surgery, but I can't afford that so looking for the next best thing to improve my face as I am unattractive)

I'm wondering it it would be likely that my submental area would be improved if I done this surgery?
I'm also curious how the genio would effect my lips? They are also a little frowning. I suspect a result of a lack of support which maybe a genio could also help with?

thanks

And as a final note, if anyone can recommend some good and affordable surgeons in Europe who would maybe do a discount if I got multiple surgeries, that'd be awesome!
The surgeon I saw quoted me 3k GBP for the rhino and 3800 GBP for the rhino (no multiple surger discount, although I am told lots of surgeons do offer this)

It's not your chin or your nose. its your brain. you're almost model like total alpha male features. you look f**king awesome. your nose has a bit of a snarl, like your nostrils flare but i think it looks good.

listen i'm the expert. don't change a f**king thing. if you wnat just get more jacked, get a good hair-cut and dress cool and get really good at something to get your confidence up. trust me.

ditterbo

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 04:03:23 PM »
If you were to do anything, just fix the nostril flare. Your nose otherwise isn't too big or needs much else.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 05:37:49 PM »
If you were to do anything, just fix the nostril flare. Your nose otherwise isn't too big or needs much else.

No no no, he has a natural nose, its fine. if he gets a genio it will collapse and/or make his nose look very queer ( i mean he will look "done' and lose all his masculinity). Rhinoplasties unless you have a very simple bump that can be done through interior only incisison should be avoided at all costs. Almost always look bad and definitely bad in the long term.

No rhinoplasty, your nose is great.

jesterofmalice

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 06:27:40 AM »
Damn, Laz. That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me, but it's messed my head up!! lol
Does it honestly not look too big to you, especially in the profile and 3/4 profile pics?!
I need more posters to comment, please! Help me get a consensus.
Been on the phone and emailing sugeons in Europe last night and this morning.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2018, 08:06:26 AM »
There is really no lack of dimension to your CHIN either frontally or in profile. But since you are THINKING there is lack of some dimension to your chin, this would be from relative comparison with the NOSE. So, it would be the nose that is throwing your eye off and resulting in your thinking your chin is not BIG 'enough' in some dimension. That's because you have some 'bigness' to your nose in some dimension (infra-tip lobule and alar flare).

Don't get me wrong. When I tell you it is the nose that is throwing you off with regard to YOUR thinking it's the CHIN, I'm not suggesting you jump into getting a rhino. I'm just telling you what is confusing your perception.

So, if you get feedback telling you your nose is fine in ADDITION to my telling you it isn't your CHIN, you could put both forms of feedback together and  have surgery to NEITHER.

JigJaw_:/

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 01:41:33 AM »

thanks

Agreed. Don't touch the chin/jaw, dude. Your nose doesn't look big either. Like others have stated, if there is a distinction to be made, it's the shape of the nose/nostrils. Your nose dips down a bit, so I think it creates a bit of confusion to your eye. I covered up your nose and thought, he'd be crazy to touch the chin. Rhinoplasty is can be tricky tricky stuff, so approach with caution and be patient bc nearly all ps will do them but few are truly skilled.

jesterofmalice

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2018, 01:19:42 AM »
When I went too have a braces consultation, the guy told me that I lacked vertical height in my chin and jaw which is why I have been interested in augmentation genioplasty.

From profile though, I think my bad submental area is what makes it looks bad.
Weight loss doesn't help. I already have a 6-pack

So in that respect, i'm not sure whether lipo would be the answer, but then assuming the ortho  guy is right, I could maybe kill 2 birds with one stone since the genioplasty surgeon told me that the genio could also have a tightening effect on my submental area AND could also help my downturned mouth and slightly heavy looking lower cheek area!
He said ''it Will also provide an indirect jowls, lower cheek and corners of the mouth facelift effect by stretching the overlying soft tissues thanks to the osseous structure modification of the lower face and anterior jaw achieved with the augmentation genioplasty''

https://imgur.com/a/BNMiH

so yeah, in terms of chin/jaw etc, i'm still unsure of the best option. Either way, I don't like how it looks

jesterofmalice

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2018, 01:50:52 AM »
This dude on realself has a similar issue in profile

https://www.realself.com/question/jaw-surgery-lipo-pictures

As you can see, it's confusing, because each Dr. gives a different answer lol
Some say 'lipo is the answer' - Some say 'chin implant will fix it!''. Some say ''there's a lack of support - you need jaw surgery. Lipo would only work if it was just fat''. Others say genioplasty.

Perhaps showing one of the truly ugly/#instant UNTAG on facebook!! pics can help highlight the issue
https://imgur.com/a/ZMmmx
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 02:00:55 AM by jesterofmalice »