Author Topic: Trans girl / Looking for revision / Can anyone help?  (Read 1686 times)

jen

Trans girl / Looking for revision / Can anyone help?
« on: May 02, 2018, 09:19:39 PM »
Hi Everyone. I'm Jen.

About 9 months ago I had surgery in Korea, and whilst I'm happy with my chin somewhat. I'm unhappy with the overreaction of my mandible/jaw angle.

This was despite me sending over 50 pics prior and giving crystal clear instructions. I don't want to dwell on whats done I'm already peeved, sad and feel like crap.

I just want to concentrate on correcting the issue hopefully as soon as I can.

I have attached a rough pic showing current shape (left) and right being what was my intended shape.

https://cl.ly/1u1Y1e452L3h

and also > https://cl.ly/0R0S3S2r2z46

I was wondering if any experts in here can suggest someone who is going to listen to me and be able to provide a small custom implant to correct the issue?

After this I'm hoping to look into jaw surgery once I have the funds to correct my goofy overbite, but this is the absolute priority for me.

If anyone can point me in the direction of who would be able to help with a 3d implant I would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much xx

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Trans girl / Looking for revision / Can anyone help?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 06:35:37 AM »
If you are thinking about jaw surgery later down the line, then that should be done BEFORE placing a jaw implant because a jaw implant would be in the way of a cut to the lower jaw if that were needed for the maxfax surgery.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

jen

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 10:25:57 AM »
Good point Kavan. I was hoping the implant would be small enough to avoid the bsso cut

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 07:21:01 AM »
Good point Kavan. I was hoping the implant would be small enough to avoid the bsso cut

I must agree with above. You always need to start from the bottom and fix the fundamental issues before going into details like this. You never know what plans and movements a surgeon might have for you and the implant may be unfavorable to you after the jaws are moved. If the surgeon can avoid cutting through it may be your least problem.

I'm not gonna tell you what you need or don't need to do, what ever reasons you have are good enough. But from my perspective I would say that before is as good as after and look good either way.

jen

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 12:08:06 PM »
I'm surprised you think the before is a good as the after. You arent asian are you?

jen

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2018, 12:15:55 PM »
I have added more mockups of my scans if anyone fancies a look.

https://imgur.com/a/xldSpSH

Looking at this I cant see the implant impacting on any BSSO cut. Would anyone agree? I mean at least I hope its not going to be a huge bulking implant.

the surgeon mentioned the best material for this would be custom PEEK material instead of silicone.

I'll keep people posted.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2018, 02:27:10 PM »
I have added more mockups of my scans if anyone fancies a look.

https://imgur.com/a/xldSpSH

Looking at this I cant see the implant impacting on any BSSO cut. Would anyone agree? I mean at least I hope its not going to be a huge bulking implant.

the surgeon mentioned the best material for this would be custom PEEK material instead of silicone.

I'll keep people posted.

I don't think you can assume that just because you draw in an overlay there, it's going to be the SAME overlay that's put in 'real life' and it won't get in the way of a BSSO cut. The ORDER of correction is FIRST the maxfax surgery and LATER what ever implant overlays are needed for better angle articulation.

jen

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2018, 03:16:01 PM »
Kavan I completely agree with you. I'm just worried that the whole treatment will take 1.5 years an I dont know if I can wait that long to address it.

I think my best bet is to ask the surgeon if its going to affect it. I haven't mentioned it yet.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2018, 03:39:40 PM »
Kavan I completely agree with you. I'm just worried that the whole treatment will take 1.5 years an I dont know if I can wait that long to address it.

I think my best bet is to ask the surgeon if its going to affect it. I haven't mentioned it yet.

'Haste makes waste.'

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2018, 07:08:13 AM »
I'm surprised you think the before is a good as the after. You arent asian are you?

I'm not Asian. I'm just pointing out that you're probably judging your self harder than anyone else and what's major to you might be considered minor to someone else. We all have different hangups, my hangup is a defined jaw line and soft tissue support, so that's the first thing I look at when I see someone else and I don't see you have any problems there, and nor do I see any obvious deformation.