Author Topic: Unhappy with sliding genioplasty, looking for Bay Area surgeon  (Read 165 times)

some1afterall

Unhappy with sliding genioplasty, looking for Bay Area surgeon
« on: January 31, 2018, 04:34:27 PM »
Hi there, I posted a while back about being unhappy with my sliding genioplasty, chin looks too strong, esp from the frontal view.

I had BSSO and Le Fort 1.5 years ago and separate sliding genioplasty 1 year ago, both with Kaiser. I am no longer a Kaiser patient, so can't ask the original surgeon to reverse the genioplasty. I've reached out to several well known maxillofacial surgeons and it seems like nobody is willing to take on JUST a sliding genioplasty revision/reversal. They will only accept me for consult if I'm willing to consider revising the ENTIRE surgery. I believe my BSSO/Le Fort are stable. There's been a very slight movement horizontally with settling, but my bite is closed and I have no real pain or issues with function.

Any ideas??? I'm in the California SF Bay Area.

The other thing I've considered is paying out of pocket with individual Kaiser secondary insurance and seeing if I'd be able to get the genio reversed with the original surgeon. I'm unsure if I could pull that off though...

Any ideas?

Thanks.

tim06

Re: Unhappy with sliding genioplasty, looking for Bay Area surgeon
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 04:18:30 AM »
Hi there, I posted a while back about being unhappy with my sliding genioplasty, chin looks too strong, esp from the frontal view.

I had BSSO and Le Fort 1.5 years ago and separate sliding genioplasty 1 year ago, both with Kaiser. I am no longer a Kaiser patient, so can't ask the original surgeon to reverse the genioplasty. I've reached out to several well known maxillofacial surgeons and it seems like nobody is willing to take on JUST a sliding genioplasty revision/reversal. They will only accept me for consult if I'm willing to consider revising the ENTIRE surgery. I believe my BSSO/Le Fort are stable. There's been a very slight movement horizontally with settling, but my bite is closed and I have no real pain or issues with function.

Any ideas??? I'm in the California SF Bay Area.

The other thing I've considered is paying out of pocket with individual Kaiser secondary insurance and seeing if I'd be able to get the genio reversed with the original surgeon. I'm unsure if I could pull that off though...

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Post pics please