Author Topic: Sliding Genioplasty Replacing Chin Implant/Is this a realistic morph?  (Read 1353 times)

Esperanza20

I'm about to get my sliding genioplasty in three weeks and my chin implant taken out. I've made an edit here and was wondering if you guys think I could achieve these types of results: https://imgur.com/a/FvdQe. This is basically what my surgeon said he'd do, a bit downward and about 5mm-ish forward. Do you guys think my chin would be too long? Do you think I can expect something similar in terms of how I've edited the mentolabial fold? I also morphed my neck a bit. Would a genioplasty tighten that area as well? Sorry if these questions have been asked before.

JigJaw_:/

Re: Sliding Genioplasty Replacing Chin Implant/Is this a realistic morph?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 08:18:14 PM »
I'm about to get my sliding genioplasty in three weeks and my chin implant taken out. I've made an edit here and was wondering if you guys think I could achieve these types of results: https://imgur.com/a/FvdQe. This is basically what my surgeon said he'd do, a bit downward and about 5mm-ish forward. Do you guys think my chin would be too long? Do you think I can expect something similar in terms of how I've edited the mentolabial fold? I also morphed my neck a bit. Would a genioplasty tighten that area as well? Sorry if these questions have been asked before.
Who is the doctor? Just curious. Have you asked the doctor for computer imaging? Or sketching...etc....You made this morph, correct? I'd guess that the results from the morph are achievable. But, that would be if the doc is actually doing both vertical and horizontal. Except, from that specific morph, I'd think you'd need more than 5mm, but....could be right. To achieve that image, I'd say you'd need about 4-6 mm vertically. How much is a "bit"? Cause, your doctor should be talking in terms of literal measurements, and if he/she isn't...I'd press for something more definitive. Though most doctors probably take to surgery several sizing plates, you want to be clear what's happening.....limit room for error.

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 08:22:15 PM »
Btw. How big is the implant currently on you chin? And, that implant included in that morph, or is that pre implant? What did you begin with?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 08:37:14 PM »
you should be able to get a much better (stronger) result than that morph. just go for a dramatic increqase.

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 08:45:13 PM »
I happen to agree. I think your face can support it, and would be better. Horizontal, that is. You wouldn't need any more vertical then in the morph, though. You don't wanna go Angelina, but you'd be fine with jetting up to the edge of the lip border (pink). But then again, your lip is going to straighten a bit when your chin moves forward, so essentially your particular morph will only be able to imitate the procedure so much. Yes, your neck area will see improvement.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 09:01:07 PM by JigJaw_:/ »

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 11:58:39 AM »
Morphs don't predict the outcomes of a surgery but can be used in communication to show a desired or possible outcome providing the morpher is knowledgeable in the most likely possibilities and has enough control over the changes made so that 'automatic' changes of other things don't happen.

As to using them to approximate mm changes, that's possible when one knows the scale of the original photo.

So, what you (?) did in the morph is within what's possible and can be used as visual communication TO your doctor. But as far as 'exact' mm displacements go, those relate to the DISPLACEMENTS on the morph where the person doing the morph:

a: Needs to keep track and measure the displacements (vertical and horizontal) on the morph
b: Have the SCALE of the original photo

Keeping track of the mm displacements done in a morph involves drawing relative landmark lines as reference lines to measure the differentials from original to morph.

The rest resolves to a simple planar geometry 'proof' where you relate back the mm displacements on the morph to the original SCALE of the photo to demonstrate what those displacements would be in 'real life'.

But still that's an approximation and not a promise or prediction.

What I'm getting at here is that once we start speaking in terms of specific mm measures,it's needed to SHOW how they were approximated in a similar way one would do a simple planar geometry 'proof'. That's how a morph is analyzed when one wishes to appoximate what the displacements would be in 'real life'. So, easy to do a morph but more rigorous process to analyze it if you want to use it to discuss 'exact' or approximations close enough to 'exact' mm displacements.

That said, what I will confirm here is that your morph is within the realm of what's possible and can be used as a spring board to request 'more' or 'less' in 'this' or 'that' direction of what is shown. But be mindful that more rigour is needed to discuss specific mm measures if that's the type of information you want to show or ask about.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.