Author Topic: Post-Surgery Pictures  (Read 7271 times)

DolphinBite

Post-Surgery Pictures
« on: June 15, 2013, 09:26:46 PM »
I had surgery on June 12th - these pics were taken on June 15th. I still look like a chipmunk, but I think I will be happy with the result once all the swelling goes down. Photos don't quite capture just how swollen I am. I normally have a very thin face, so the swelling isn't as dramatic on me as it is on people with fuller cheeks. Most of my swelling is under my chin, which is hard to photograph. So happy to have the surgery behind me!

[attachment deleted by admin]

DolphinBite

Re: Post-Surgery Pictures
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 09:33:29 PM »
Thanks! As the swelling goes down, I will post pics. Anxious to see the real 'final' result.

pekay

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 12:18:15 AM »
as Lazlo would say already attractive pre-op  :)

movements?
Chopsticks > Spoons

DolphinBite

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 10:14:18 AM »
Thanks. I had the SARPE surgery 1 year ago, and then with this surgery they moved my upper jaw forward 3 millimeters forward and 2 down - my chin 4 millimeters back.

:)

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 11:20:32 AM »
did you have surgery on your lower jaw?

pekay

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 11:52:23 AM »
so no lower jaw surgery? just SARPE + upper jaw and a genio?

May I ask how old you are?
Chopsticks > Spoons

x

• Private
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 11:59:40 AM »
Thanks. I had the SARPE surgery 1 year ago, and then with this surgery they moved my upper jaw forward 3 millimeters forward and 2 down - my chin 4 millimeters back.

:)
so you had the SARPE because of upper teeth crowding? my upper teeth are flared out right now, and a surgeon wants to extract two teeth to make room for decompensation, but I'd much rather expand the arch with SARPE and then retract, then get the maxilla advanced. If you had a similar situation, i'd love to hear about it, thanks

pumukka

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 03:00:21 PM »
so you had the SARPE because of upper teeth crowding? my upper teeth are flared out right now, and a surgeon wants to extract two teeth to make room for decompensation, but I'd much rather expand the arch with SARPE and then retract, then get the maxilla advanced. If you had a similar situation, I'd love to hear about it, thanks

I had flared teeth that met edge to edge my lower teeth ( I had a class III underbite) My orthodontist extracted 2 premolars on top and 2 on the bottom. Biggest regret of my life, he should had just expanded my top arch with sarpe and lower jaw surgery to make it a class I instead of compensating.

Now I still have flared top teeth to make it a class I. I had a tiny bit of maxilla hipoplasia that only made it worse with retraction as I now have a dish in mid-face profile and lost my high pronounced cheekbones

Now I'm looking to reverse the treatment or either having my archs expanded and bring the molars forward (instead of retracting) or since I have some space open where the premolars were thinking about putting premolar implants

x

• Private
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 05:34:56 PM »
I had flared teeth that met edge to edge my lower teeth ( I had a class III underbite) My orthodontist extracted 2 premolars on top and 2 on the bottom. Biggest regret of my life, he should had just expanded my top arch with sarpe and lower jaw surgery to make it a class I instead of compensating.

Now I still have flared top teeth to make it a class I. I had a tiny bit of maxilla hipoplasia that only made it worse with retraction as I now have a dish in mid-face profile and lost my high pronounced cheekbones

Now I'm looking to reverse the treatment or either having my archs expanded and bring the molars forward (instead of retracting) or since I have some space open where the premolars were thinking about putting premolar implants
Interesting, sorry to hear about that. Goddamn orthodontists....

So in theory, ideally you would want to get the SARPE which would create extra room for the upper arch, allowing the flared upper teeth to retract, AND THEN get the upper jaw advanced right? Are you saying you lost your cheekbones as a result of retracting the teeth or extractions and would sarpe have prevented it in your opinion?

DolphinBite

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 06:17:55 PM »
To answer all the questions: I'm 34 - 2 upper jaw surgeries and 1 genio

I had the SARPE b/c my upper palate was so narrow that had the doc moved it forward without first doing the SARPE my teeth wouldn't have fit together properly.

You can see photos of me before and after my SARPE here: http://www.happygoplucky.com/my-blog/2012/11/before-and-after-photos-of-jaw-surgery-sarpe.html

I was very happy with the surgery and amazed at what they accomplished. My upper palate was so crowded before and was almost triangular in shape - now I have a nice u-shaped arch.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

pekay

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 06:46:03 PM »
To answer all the questions: I'm 34 - 2 upper jaw surgeries and 1 genio

I thought you were like 24-25 lol

did you have any sort breathing problems/nasal congestion (pre-op) or just TMJ pain? Did you use you grind your teeth while asleep? how long were you in braces for (upper jaw advancement and genio)?
Chopsticks > Spoons

stevek216

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 02:11:42 PM »
Swollen, you look like a young redheaded Sally Fields!