Author Topic: Help reading CT scan analysis  (Read 770 times)

mazilla

Help reading CT scan analysis
« on: February 12, 2018, 07:31:30 AM »
Can someone help me understand my CT scan analysis? I did a proper CT scan with its analysis, its not an online analysis.

I am an outlier in several measures, in some a significant outlier.

Several times it says that I am a severe brachiocephalic and I have mandibular prognathism.

The thing is that I don't understand the measures well, can someone help me with the most significant measurements?

Lefortitude

Re: Help reading CT scan analysis
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 11:23:02 AM »
yeah i can help

mazilla

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 03:57:57 PM »
Thanks Lefortitude.

Ill share my Steiner analysis, which if im not mistaken is the most used, isn't it?

If you want any other one, please let me know.

Ill share my values, the mean and the standard deviation. In that order. Im posting the values in which I am a bigger outlier. If you or any other person wants any other value just let me know. There are other values in which I was an outlier, but not by much so I did not post them (I mean in the Steiner analysis, in other analysis I am a big outlier in many measures).

Squeletal Analysis:

SND angle 82/76/2
ANB angle 0/3/2
SE distance 67/22/2
SL distance 176/51/2

Dental Analysis

IS position 21/4/1
II position 7/4/1
Pg to NaB distance 14/4/1
IS angle 31/22/2
II ange 17/25/2

Lefortitude

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 06:45:45 PM »
Its important to consider what the averages mean in context. 

Most male models, with the best faces, fall outside the averages presented by the xray tracings

I spoke to a surgeon who did a ceph on brad pitt and said he was technically class 3 prognathic.

Take from that what you will.

mazilla

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 08:29:37 PM »
Ok but I didn't want a prognathic jaw, even if it is considered attractive in western society.

Also, I dont think male models fall outside of the averages plus/minus standard deviations. And if they do, they probably will by a little, I dont think they are big outliers.

Also, my jaw protrudes way more than Brad Pitt's.

But this is not what I want to know. What I want to know is if my occlusal plane is normal or not...