Author Topic: Results. Bimaxillary plus genioplasty. I am one of the oldest on this forum  (Read 9662 times)

Langpam

This video shows how happy I am with my results. My husband also speaks about his reaction.

This surgery definitely changed my life!

https://vimeo.com/256391377

kavan

• Global Moderator
This video shows how happy I am with my results. My husband also speaks about his reaction.

This surgery definitely changed my life!

https://vimeo.com/256391377

WOW!!!! Astounding results in form and function.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Lazlo

• Private
Did you have any permanent numbness afterwards?

How was the recovery?

Did you have to wear braces?? before or after or both? how long were you in braces for?

Langpam

Posted by: Lazlo
« on: February 22, 2018, 02:48:04 PM » Insert Quote

How was the recovery?

Did you have to wear braces?? before or after or both? how long were you in braces for?

Response:
No permanent numbness.

It was Surgery First, followed by two years in Invisalign

uj

langpam, thanks for sharing! I have some questions, if it's not too much trouble.

From your other thread,

My advancement was 12mm and yes I did have genioplasty.
I can't be more precise about how much the maxilla was advanced and how much the mandible as I never asked that question.
  • Was the counterclockwise rotation from anterior impaction only, or did you have posterior downgrafting as well? How many mm?
  • Did he tell/show you or give you a copy of the plan (how many mm and in what direction everything would be moved) before? (I'm guessing from the above that you didn't get specifics.) Were you given any of your records after?
  • Did he ever ask you about/did you ever discuss aesthetics?
  • Did you ever have any numbness/altered sensation, and if so how long did it take to resolve?
  • Were follow ups included until you finished orthodontic treatment (over 2 years, from your surgery in November 2014 until your update in February 2018)? When were your follow ups (at 1 week, 1 month, etc.), and how many did you have?
  • Did you ever email or call him afterward? Were you able to contact him easily after surgery?
  • I've always wondered about testimonials: at what point/when did he ask you to make one? Were you given any incentive to do it?
  • I hope it's OK to post here, but are you smiling in these pictures?

PloskoPlus

Posted by: Lazlo
« on: February 22, 2018, 02:48:04 PM » Insert Quote

How was the recovery?

Response:
No permanent numbness.

It was Surgery First, followed by two years in Invisalign
The fact that you have no permanent numbness is absolutely amazing.

Langpam

1. I’m afraid I can’t be more specific than I already have been as my only target was to cure my severe obstructive sleep apnoea.
2. He discussed the plan but I didn’t ask for a copy. He said that the result would be an improved profile and that I would look younger.
3. See above
4.Yes, it’s normal to have numbness but I no longer have that. Clearly I have an altered sensation.... the structure of my jaw and the inside of my mouth are completely changed.
5.I had follow ups throughout the whole process, with the final one on Jan 28th 2018. All of these were included in the price. The orthodontist and surgeon worked together during the orthodontic treatment.
6. I emailed him about three times and had a satisfactory response within 24 hours.
7. He never asked me to do a testimonial. I volunteered. ( I already suggested it in the first year) Then my husband happened to say “ you should hear what a difference it makes to the partner... not sharing the bed with a CPAP machine”
I was given a free dental check up with X-rays etc afterwards, but I didn’t know about that in advance.
8. I’m not sure which pictures you’re referring to, but I’m definitely still smiling.

uj

Langpam, thank you. I really appreciate your taking the time to respond. I meant the pictures from your testimonial, which I didn't link properly. I was wondering if this had affected your tooth show at rest (relaxed lips). Glad you're doing well, and thanks again  ;D

Dogmatix

• Private
1. I’m afraid I can’t be more specific than I already have been as my only target was to cure my severe obstructive sleep apnoea.
2. He discussed the plan but I didn’t ask for a copy. He said that the result would be an improved profile and that I would look younger.
3. See above
4.Yes, it’s normal to have numbness but I no longer have that. Clearly I have an altered sensation.... the structure of my jaw and the inside of my mouth are completely changed.
5.I had follow ups throughout the whole process, with the final one on Jan 28th 2018. All of these were included in the price. The orthodontist and surgeon worked together during the orthodontic treatment.
6. I emailed him about three times and had a satisfactory response within 24 hours.
7. He never asked me to do a testimonial. I volunteered. ( I already suggested it in the first year) Then my husband happened to say “ you should hear what a difference it makes to the partner... not sharing the bed with a CPAP machine”
I was given a free dental check up with X-rays etc afterwards, but I didn’t know about that in advance.
8. I’m not sure which pictures you’re referring to, but I’m definitely still smiling.

Could you tell a bit about the recovery. How were the first days, when did it start getting better and when could you be back on a normal diet again? He advertise minimal invasive, but we all understand that the jaws needs to be broken anyway.

Could you elaborate a bit on point 4? This is something I've been thinking about, how much does the inside of the mouth change with these procedures and how would you describe the feeling? Advancement of the jaws seems like it would feel like more room inside? Is it significant noticeable?

Can you feel where the changes have been made, either inside or outside? Can you notice the fracture points and changes with your tongue etc, or by touching either inside or outside of your jaws?

Was speech affeced by the procedure? Did you need to refine your speaking technique to get pronounciations right and were there any difficulties?

Langpam

The recovery was pretty much as I was expecting it to be, having followed other people’s stories.
The op was on Nov 9thand on Christmas Day I chose to liquidise my meal ( not quite the same as Christmas dinner). I followed the instructions and did the regular jaw exercises with a peg in the mouth, gradually increasing the amount the peg was opened. For me the elastics used in the orthodontic treatment were the worst. I would say that it took three months before I was eating a normal diet but from pre to post op I lost 6 kilos and now my weight is still 4 kilos less than pre op, so I’m quite happy about that. I feel younger, with increased energy and I’m told I look much younger.

I am quite used to the changes inside my mouth. I must have more space now but I’m not conscious of it. I am conscious of the lower arch being in a different position and feeling a bit different.
My outer jaw feels very smooth now but for a while I could feel the “ joins”.

My speech is very slightly different now. I used to hear a slight lisp but not any more.

sventory

Re: Results. Bimaxillary plus genioplasty. I am one of the oldest on this forum
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 10:09:17 AM »
How were you able to not wear bracers first? Was your bite not messed up before surgery and you just needed advancement?