Author Topic: GUM RECESSION AND IT"S SOLUTIONS  (Read 16246 times)

Lazlo

• Private
GUM RECESSION AND IT"S SOLUTIONS
« on: June 28, 2013, 05:50:52 PM »
Since some of us are facing this problem, thought I'd start a thread for it. if anyone has any good tips or procedures let us know. I know the following: traditional gum graft surgery where they take tissue from the roof of your mouth and stitch it between your teeth is terrible because it comes out looking a different color than your native gum tissue. thus far they have some kind of "alloderm"(bovine tissue) they sometimes stitch there and I've heard of the possibility of this regenerating some tissue, but really, if you have dark triangles caused by recession or othodontincs it's not going to fill that space up.

this, I think is another area where science will have to invent some kind of regenerative thing. honestly, BICUSPID EXTRACTIONS are so INCREDIBLY detrimental to your oral health --and also, long term in braces, esp. as you get older...

Lazlo

• Private
Re: GUM RECESSION AND IT"S SOLUTIONS
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 06:33:17 PM »
well a lot of people get gum recession, when there in their f**kING SIXTIES!!!! I know mine has been caused by extractions of bicuspids and wearing braces for 2.7 years as an adult. Most recent doc. I spoke to said your teeth should have been prepared in 12-16 months tops for surgery 2 years is the overall turnaround time....

ORTHODONTISTS ARE VERY CORRUPT

i've posted this already, just outlines how bad braces are for you: http://www.dentistrytoday.com/restorative/6800-qthe-mother-of-all-black-trianglesq-case

of course AFTER my extractions are done I see this site where a guy asks if he needs extractions for crowding and like 30 different orthos warn him not to do so!!!

http://www.realself.com/question/fix-mild-crowding-without-extraction-bicuspids

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 06:36:08 PM »
Lazio .. Have you ever looked into reopening the bicuspid spaces?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 06:55:17 PM »
Lazio .. Have you ever looked into reopening the bicuspid spaces?

would take another two years in braces so would just make everything much, much worse, and then this would also need artificial implants which aren't very good for you. that said, i will be getting palatal expansion.

x

• Private
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 08:21:50 PM »
This should be my priority #1 for getting fixed i've been told by both a maxfac surgeon and my dentist. Dentist told me it's very likely that mouth breathing at night is heavily responsible for it as it dries out the anterior part of the mouth

I don't have the dark triangles.... yet.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 10:47:44 AM »
can we please keep this thread focussed on SOLUTIONS to gum recession....thanks.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 04:36:44 PM »
i'll tell you one thing: the whole "crowding argument" that crowding causes recession is a bunch of BS --why then did my recession only get much worse after teeth were extracted and crowding was solved.

here's the same technology from their site. strangely, the dark triangles actually got WORSE after treatment. this example also looks kind of suspect. i mean these look like really healthy teeth and gums save for the f**king recession on the corners. it almost looks like more of an injury. did nothing for dark triangles.

http://www.biohorizons.com/gumgrafting-alloderm.aspx

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 09:03:47 PM »
another product for gum grafting.

the options right now are alloderm (which is actually donated human tissue, that's right, from corpses) or tissue from your palate.

this is some other option:

http://www.geistlich.com/?dom=2&rub=19

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 11:06:40 AM »
question: i know there's a such thing as an alkaline diet (basically high green veggies and such, low simple carbs, no sugar).

Any advice on keeping mouth acidity low? I've heard xylitol gum is really good:

http://www.drellie.com/Xylitol.php

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 04:15:06 PM »
Guys.......there is a mouth wash called thieves made by young living oils
It tastes pretty funky but I bet it would help.   It is made up of essential oils and all natural.
Lots of natural healing properties.
If I had your problem I would definitely use it

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 12:12:57 PM »
Guys.......there is a mouth wash called thieves made by young living oils
It tastes pretty funky but I bet it would help.   It is made up of essential oils and all natural.
Lots of natural healing properties.
If I had your problem I would definitely use it

thanks for the advice on that Kristen!

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 08:37:12 PM »
the actual name of the problem is a "blunting" of the "interdental papilla".

x

• Private
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 09:04:37 PM »
Yeah he said it's impossible to be attractive if you have apnea (something along those lines)

he is the guy behind this result

I think he says it in the ante-face theory video

Beauty & Success with the Help of a Reverse Facelift
lol he's the perfect caricature of a mad scientist. looks the part too, like he's ready to carve up some faces like they were clay: http://www.sailerclinic.com/en/ueber_schoenheit.html

pekay

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 09:37:28 PM »
lol he's the perfect caricature of a mad scientist. looks the part too, like he's ready to carve up some faces like they were clay: http://www.sailerclinic.com/en/ueber_schoenheit.html

yeah he is nuts, he reminds me of the mad scientist from The Human Centipede Part 1
Chopsticks > Spoons

x

• Private
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 12:18:35 PM »
well you can have class I and still not be the ante-face that Sailer and those puahate guys are obsessed with. it has to do with the relation of your lower face to your upper, not the relation of your jaws