Author Topic: GUM RECESSION AND IT"S SOLUTIONS  (Read 16251 times)

x

• Private
Re: GUM RECESSION AND IT"S SOLUTIONS
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2013, 07:57:56 PM »
I'm getting gum graft surgery in December.

anyone else done it or doing it?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2013, 12:06:43 AM »
I'm getting gum graft surgery in December.

anyone else done it or doing it?

would love more info on this Euphoria. Could you maybe post a pic of your gumline places where grafting is happening. Do you just have deep pockets or gum missing between the teeth as well(interdental papilla). Fixing the latter is much more tricky, and most perio's say impossible. Also,  have you ever had a deep scaling and planing procedure? Will the perio be using autologous (i.e. your own palate tissue for the graft) or some sort of synethetic/bovine/or other derived graft. I'm seeing a perio on Oct. 9th so I'll keep you up to date after my consult. Very interested in this procedure. thanks.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2013, 02:00:41 AM »
Also, Euphoria, I'm a little curious about why you're experiencing gum recession at all. I mean I myself am somewhat young to be going through the problem, but you're ridiculously young to be expreriencing this. The truth is sometimes it's not actually bad hygiene but the nature of your saliva and the chemical imbalances in it, but I did read that because of the high processed food diets and high sugar many of us eat even younger children are now showing signs of gum recession. Do you follow a good oral hygiene protocal i.e. flossing, brushing (with proper technique), regular dental cleanings. I'm actually quite perplexed by this problem because many times even people who do follow such regimens have bad gum recession. There have even been studies of indigenous tribes who have little gum recession even though they don't have access to any modern dental tools. So what's your history and what do you think are the likely causes of this?

x

• Private
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2013, 09:56:13 AM »
would love more info on this Euphoria. Could you maybe post a pic of your gumline places where grafting is happening. Do you just have deep pockets or gum missing between the teeth as well(interdental papilla). Fixing the latter is much more tricky, and most perio's say impossible. Also,  have you ever had a deep scaling and planing procedure? Will the perio be using autologous (i.e. your own palate tissue for the graft) or some sort of synethetic/bovine/or other derived graft. I'm seeing a perio on Oct. 9th so I'll keep you up to date after my consult. Very interested in this procedure. thanks.
Just deep pockets on my 4 lower incisors which is why I'm taking action NOW. He's going to be using autologous grafts, said it would take 2 days of full healing (laying around and doing nothing) and then 7-10 days of no hard exercise. He said the palate tissue will also grow back, do you know if that's true? Because they take 2 small slivers in a newer method, it apparently grows back easier I hope this is the case.

as for why I'm having it so young he said just genetics, my dentist said mouth breathing could be a contributor, and the dental assistant said poor hygiene so everyone has their own opinions. but my older brother brushes once a day and doesnt floss and as far as I know has no recession, so sometimes it's just s**t luck. My mom has it bad too so I'm gonna say genetics

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2013, 10:18:31 AM »
class I, wide palates, in and out of braces in a year. He probably didn't even need braces and would've grown into his crooked teeth but getting them on seems to be a customary for American teenagers

do you know how many mm your pockets are?

x

• Private
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2013, 10:27:00 AM »

it's not horrible, but on the two central incisors it's getting bad. I'm wondering if I should be getting it on the canines too since they're getting low but he made no mention of them...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 06:03:45 AM by Euphoria »

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2013, 11:40:07 AM »

it's not horrible, but on the two central incisors it's getting bad. I'm wondering if I should be getting it on the canines too since they're getting low but he made no mention of them...

yeah it's not too bad, they should be able to fix that no problem. And you have good interdental papilla as well, which is great. Let us know how it goes.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2013, 12:14:00 PM »
I've got ~2mm of recession on one lower incisor and 1mm on the other.  I didn't get sweets as a kid, never had a filling, and have been on a low-carb no sugar pale diet for the past 6 years (before it was trendy!)

My gum recession is apparently caused by
a) high levels of calcium in my saliva, meaning I am prone to calcified plaque
b) wire retainer making it impossible to properly clean and floss lower teeth (I've had it removed)
c) teeth being pushed to far forwards towards the edge of the gum and bone via orthodontics to correct class 2

I saw one ortho who told me to consider a graft and see a perio.  The perio said it I was getting braces to move the teeth back to where they should be, I didn't need a graft as the gum would close back around the teeth.  I had an aggressive scaling and cleaning and it's much better

Black triangles are very hard to fix.  I think you have to build up the teeth to fill them up

Euphoria that doesn't look too bad, 2 or 3mm at the most.  Did you have a class2 corrected by moving forward the lower teeth?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2013, 12:29:41 PM »
I've got ~2mm of recession on one lower incisor and 1mm on the other.  I didn't get sweets as a kid, never had a filling, and have been on a low-carb no sugar pale diet for the past 6 years (before it was trendy!)

b) wire retainer making it impossible to properly clean and floss lower teeth (I've had it removed)
c) teeth being pushed to far forwards towards the edge of the gum and bone via orthodontics to correct class 2

I saw one ortho who told me to consider a graft and see a perio.  The perio said it I was getting braces to move the teeth back to where they should be, I didn't need a graft as the gum would close back around the teeth.  I had an aggressive scaling and cleaning and it's much better

Black triangles are very hard to fix.  I think you have to build up the teeth to fill them up

Euphoria that doesn't look too bad, 2 or 3mm at the most.  Did you have a class2 corrected by moving forward the lower teeth?

CCG how did you find out that your saliva has high levels of calcium? Is there a test for this?

here's a doc who claims to do interdental papilla reconstruction. don't know if it's bs, i called his office and receptionist said "we try our best," also cost was 2 grand per papilla!!!

Papilla Reconstruction Animation By Peter Nordland D.M.D, M.S.

x

• Private
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2013, 12:36:53 PM »

Nope always been a class iii. the ortho restricted the forward growth of my lower jaw instead, now I'm left wondering if he did more harm than good

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 02:05:23 PM »

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2013, 01:28:43 AM »
CCG how did you find out that your saliva has high levels of calcium? Is there a test for this?

It's just what a dentist told me based on the fact that I form calcified plaque easily and I've ever had a filling despite some of my teeth having poor enamel (the teeth are in a constant state of mineralisation and demineralisation).  Maybe it's total bollocks!

It also depends on your particular microflora

screwsandplates

• Private
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2013, 08:44:38 PM »
This may not help people who already have it, but since braces contribute to gum recession I will share a few tips.

1. Flossing day and night
2. Using a soft bristle baby toothbrush to brush, and sweeping the gum downward over the teeth when cleaning the gums
3. I read a testimony on curezone that someone's dad cured himself of periodontal disease by rubbing Pepto-Bismol over his gums before bed.
4. Homemade bone broth soup restores cartilage, among many other things like digestion and skin clarity. [sidenote: I usually don't consume animal products, but I'm going to try this as part of the GAPS diet, so maybe someone else would like to be my guinea pig first? :P]

screwsandplates

• Private
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2013, 04:58:42 PM »
Where do you get yours from? Are wing bones no good?

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2013, 10:10:37 PM »
Emish....  Is your instructions for the complete bone broth recipe somewhere on this forum?
So you don't have to peel off raw meat off the bone?
I don't think I could do that.    Ever think of selling your soups?