Author Topic: GUM RECESSION AND IT"S SOLUTIONS  (Read 16244 times)

x

• Private
Re: GUM RECESSION AND IT"S SOLUTIONS
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2013, 01:48:23 PM »
Just had the surgery, guess this is a good little taste of what's to come with jaw surgery lol

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2014, 11:32:31 PM »
I dunno, I don't like this hard sell CHAO seems to be doing. f**king hilarious that most of those perio guys taking the course have the worst teeth (saw one guy with all his papillae missing) and that Chao is drinking a friggin coke during one of his demonstrations.

I dunno, looks good on paper but and maybe it's just new. But I have my doubts. Also it clearly does nothing for black triangles, the worst possible thing in the world. Man those are ugly. I don't think they'll be able to fix that s**t till they can grow bioteeth (2020).

Just hold on till 2020 that's the year I have predicted a paradigm shift will occur in regenerative medicine and by the latest the year 3000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjpY9LhIdqQ

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2014, 07:47:21 AM »
Are those teeth in the video above healthy? The root of the teeth looks REALLY dark on some of them. I can't tell the difference between a root that looks natural and one that is basically rotting.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2014, 10:14:16 PM »
I'm 34 and have recession on two symmetric molars on my upper jaw. Surgeon thought that was strange. I couldn't help but notice that those teeth were both used as anchors when I had braces 20 years ago. They had a large metal ring around them. My teeth appear to be fine otherwise. Imaging shows no problems with the roots, despite not being treated for so long. Still, my dentist says I should get a graft just in case.

As for my other teeth, I've had 4-5mm pockets in a few the past 1-2 years but in my last visit they all decreased to 1-2mm. I didn't think that was possible but ok I'll take it.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2014, 04:15:07 AM »
So did anyone here try that "Lunchtime Gum Lift" technique? I don't understand how they can keep the gum tissue in place once they lower it.

jawregret

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2017, 02:10:51 PM »
Got sudden bad  recession on my lower incisors. Teeth look really long from the front, but the papilla looks intact. However... when I look in the back (lingual side) there are spaces forming between my teeth, like the papilla is disappearing there. Teeth also look really long from the back as well.

Really bummed out. Any ways to fix this in 2017? :(

Especially the spaces between the teeth forming... which will soon turn to black triangles.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2017, 03:08:32 PM »
Got sudden bad  recession on my lower incisors. Teeth look really long from the front, but the papilla looks intact. However... when I look in the back (lingual side) there are spaces forming between my teeth, like the papilla is disappearing there. Teeth also look really long from the back as well.

Especially the spaces between the teeth forming... which will soon turn to black triangles.

I just saw my dentist for a cleaning last week, and the word is there's not much progress with all this. Stem cell technology will be here one day, but the typical "maybe in our lifetime"...doesn't sound around the corner.

It's such a brilliant solution, and there is such demand for it, that it's hard to understand why doctors all foresee it taking so long and/or why research dollars aren't being poured into it.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2017, 04:17:52 PM »

I have the same on my bottom incisors and it happened all of a sudden more than 18 months after braces. My ortho never informed me about black triangles or gum recession as a possible side effect of braces.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2017, 04:31:36 PM »
I have the same on my bottom incisors and it happened all of a sudden more than 18 months after braces. My ortho never informed me about black triangles or gum recession as a possible side effect of braces.

Same. Happened about in that same time period after braces as well.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2017, 04:55:51 PM »
Same. Happened about in that same time period after braces as well.
Do you wear retainers at night?

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2017, 05:28:35 PM »
Yes, a bonded on the lower six, and an Essix on the top. I'm not sure how retainers affect things.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2017, 05:31:05 PM »
Yes, a bonded on the lower six, and an Essix on the top. I'm not sure how retainers affect things.
They probably don't. Some say wearing anything at all causes allergies and irritation to the gums making them recede. Maybe it was the bruxism splint I wore as well. Maybe it's because I sleep with an open mouth now and it's dry in the morning (I don't think I ever slept with an open mouth before surgery).

Fwiw my dentist switched me to an Invisalign retainer - should keep the teeth aligned and prevent wear from grinding. He says he's worn a retainer every night since completing his orthodontics 20 years ago. He has pretty bad gum recession too. He says it runs in his family.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 05:50:29 PM by PloskoPlus »

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2017, 08:49:36 PM »
I just saw my dentist for a cleaning last week, and the word is there's not much progress with all this. Stem cell technology will be here one day, but the typical "maybe in our lifetime"...doesn't sound around the corner.

It's such a brilliant solution, and there is such demand for it, that it's hard to understand why doctors all foresee it taking so long and/or why research dollars aren't being poured into it.

f**k this is depressing. I don't just need gum tissue. I need new teeth. f**k this there have got to be ways. If I could go back I'd never have gotten braces ever. That was a bad decision, but having bicuspids taken out is what killed things. The TRAUMA TO THE GUMS!!!!???? Why was I never warned about that those motherf**kers.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2017, 09:04:48 PM »
though i don't believe there aren't solutions. it's a matter of bone and flesh. What there are surgeons who can do face transplants but they can't fix your f**king gums?????

Get the f**k out of here.

They can do minute bone grafts and do minute gum surgery and grafts as well. That's all. I wanna get all my tooth pulled and put in implants sometimes but i know that will be even more of a horror.

I listened to a lecture from 2005 where paul sharpe talks about bioteeth and growing new teeth someone says when will this be in clinics he says we'll be doing firrst human trials in 3 years which would be 2008. Well 10 years later they haven't done one human trial motherf**kers.
f**k

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2017, 09:23:08 PM »
so weird i have a tutor who is like 60 no recession on any of her teeth, and yes i asked if they were natural. and yet i have a black triangles now betweeen all of them.

anyway, if you look at the second newsitem after the fish stuff it sounds like this isn't THAT far off, but who nknows f**king fs**t

http://sackler.tufts.edu/Faculty-and-Research/Faculty-Research-Pages/Pamela-Yelick