Author Topic: Maurice Mommaerts  (Read 56727 times)

Modigliani

• Private
Re: Maurice Mommaerts
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2014, 05:36:04 AM »
Hope you're doing ok, B  :)

Rico

« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2014, 08:26:25 PM »
OK

ON this forum there is one crucial rule. If you wanna be 100% reliable user with your specific postop story, then unfortunately You have to give us photo (covered eyes) of what and how it went wrong, that some of You say that MM botched your surgery VERY SEVERELY

All of You, have you seen the bad post surgery results from Mommaerts from users in the forum and are they so bad as they say? I haven't seen any results from the complaining patients here..so I'm asking you???

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2014, 04:28:30 AM »
Yes. Next Question.

Rico, I guessed you missed the recent post saying that one of the top US surgeons told the poster to stay away from MM as the results of his ZO is 'unpredictable'.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 04:36:57 AM by Modigliani »

girl

« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2014, 04:18:45 AM »
If a surgeon like Gunson is telling ex-M patients that he botched their jaws, then that IMO is verification of bad results.

I have seen one set of M jaw surgery pics where the guy had a lower jaw advancement - it was barely noticeable, and he was pissed. A few months ago, I saw a post somewhere else about M giving some guy nerve damage in the chin.

Unless it's a case of "my crooked nostril ruined my life" aka a rhino board, proof of a bad jaw surgery isn't always helpful - the surgery can be messed up in other ways i.e. leave you in serious pain which can't be captured w/pics.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2014, 03:05:21 AM »
His HA is inferior too - poorly mixed and badly applied. It's apparently causing the underlying bone to soften.

This isn't just a case of patients being picky - he's actually causing very real damage.

girl

« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2014, 06:38:41 PM »
His HA is inferior too - poorly mixed and badly applied. It's apparently causing the underlying bone to soften.

This isn't just a case of patients being picky - he's actually causing very real damage.

Wow, that's really shady.

baldguy83

« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2015, 04:47:57 PM »
-edit-
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 07:25:37 AM by baldguy83 »

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2015, 07:23:49 PM »
If the procedure is not right for you then you're never going to get a good result regardless of how skilled the surgeon is. If your infraorbital rims are recessed, which is likely if you have a midface deficiency, then a zygomatic osteotomy will not lead to a good result.

The simulation pictures they show you is complete bulls**t by the way. I thought mine looked great but they were not realistic at all. I strongly recommend that you stay away from Mommaerts but if you insist on proceeding then at least consult with another surgeon first so you know if the surgery plan even makes sense.

baldguy83

« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2015, 10:51:56 PM »
Thank you for your reply, much appreciated  :)

How can I tell if my infraorbital rims are recessed? And do you perhaps know of any other skilled surgeon in North-Western Europe (preferably Germany, Belgium, or The Netherlands) that carries out zygomatic osteotomies for cosmetic reasons?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 11:11:36 PM by baldguy83 »

PloskoPlus

« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2015, 12:28:50 AM »
Thank you for your reply, much appreciated  :)

How can I tell if my infraorbital rims are recessed? And do you perhaps know of any other skilled surgeon in North-Western Europe (preferably Germany, Belgium, or The Netherlands) that carries out zygomatic osteotomies for cosmetic reasons?

Zygomatic osteotomy will not fix infraorbital recession.  It can widen the face and give more definition to your cheekbones.  Zarrinbal is in Berlin.  He does zygomatic osteotomies, ching wings and conventional jaw surgery.

baldguy83

« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2015, 12:40:21 AM »
Thanks for the Zarrinbal suggestion, first time I hear his name.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 07:25:15 AM by baldguy83 »

Balanced

« Reply #101 on: March 07, 2015, 01:54:56 PM »
Yes, avoid Mommaerts. I am not going into detail but if anyone wants to PM me i can show you why I say to avoid him.

Rico

« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2015, 02:28:58 PM »
Why Zarrinbal, but not for example Gunter Lauer ?

baldguy83

« Reply #103 on: March 08, 2015, 03:15:05 PM »
Why Zarrinbal, but not for example Gunter Lauer ?

Do you have experience with him?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #104 on: March 08, 2015, 07:53:38 PM »
Do you have experience with him?

BTW, did you have an overbite when you started orthodontic treatment?  That is, were you truly class II?  I know it's all water under the bridge, but if you didn't, you may have just done a chin wing osteotomy to strengthen the look of your lower jaw without braces, extractions.

I've been told that the Dutch vocabluary is almost 90% German.  Maybe you could read the German jaw surgery forum.  They have a lot of Zarrinbal discussions there, I heard.  Ask notrain about it.  I saw a Zarrinbal chin wing done on a class II patient from that forum - the woman looked freaking amazing afterwards.