Author Topic: Why is the outcome of soft tissue after surgery hard to predict?  (Read 3226 times)

ExtractionsRuinFaces

Is it because everyones skin varies in thickness, what exactly is deficient (hard tissue)  etc?

Can the support for midface/cheekbone soft tissue potentially get worse after surgery?

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Why is the outcome of soft tissue after surgery hard to predict?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 04:24:26 PM »
yeah i have no idea what you guys are talking about.
please do post a vlog example.

incidentally i've heard all the same things about soft tissue. even with three dimensional computer modelling it's pretty tough to predict because everyone's soft tissue is a bit different in terms of elasticity etc. etc. --just to give you an extreme example a black, asian and white person will all have very different types of soft tissue fluctuations regardless of the movements. Also, moving bone segments does not guarantee the soft tissue will achieve a desired effect. A narrow maxilla moved forward might make the person look weird, whereas a broader one will look quite different. Many top experts have told me they cannot predict how the soft tissue will look.

CK

• Private
Re: Why is the outcome of soft tissue after surgery hard to predict?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 04:40:18 PM »
i think surgeons have an idea of where the soft tissue will sit after doing hundreds and hundreds of surgeries. but they dont want to make any promises in the event their prediction doesnt churn out they way they think it would.

i dont think race matters much. soft tissue is a direct reflection of the hard tissue. your soft tissue is completely genetic - it's density, thickness, all of that is defined by genetics and it doesnt matter how you grow it will always be the same.

BUT, your hard tissue is malleable, and if the hard tissue is distorted the soft tissue is going to be warped and look off because it is NOT malleable growth-wise. it will stretch, bend, or sag according to how the bones harden on your face.

this is why a lot of people with say, long face syndrome tend to have a very similar facial type. the soft tissue unnaturally lengthens, or "stretches." one of the biggest drawbacks is the loss of support. gravity will does a number on your skin if your bones arent projected forward enough.