Author Topic: Any more overbites?  (Read 7382 times)

streo

Any more overbites?
« on: June 13, 2012, 08:59:40 AM »
So I'm going to be having a BSSO + genioplasty sometime this year.  Anybody else needing lower jaw surgery only?

Cmonster

• Private
Re: Any more overbites?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 12:34:39 PM »
I've got an overbite as well, but your lucky you'll only need lower jaw and genio !

I'll try to pop my story on here soon.
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

streo

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 02:59:44 PM »
So then....what procedures are you having done?

helen

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 12:33:59 PM »
Hi, I have an overbite. I'm having upper expansion and impaction, and lower jaw moved forward in a few months.

jwest2

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 04:31:06 PM »
Streo In two weeks I will be having lower jaw advancement surgery. Luckily, that's all I'll be having. It sounds much less painful than the dual surgeries for sure, and it seems like the recovery time is less.

stevek216

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 05:15:47 PM »
You guys should all start up threads in the "Case Studies - Overbites"  section if you're comfortable posting pictures!  Everyone loves a before and after.

streo

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 05:52:49 AM »
I definitely will be doing just that if/when I have a good after. As of now I'm highly skeptical that my after will be much of an improvement. Don't want to give people a bad example now do we?

stevek216

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 06:56:39 AM »
I definitely will be doing just that if/when I have a good after. As of now I'm highly skeptical that my after will be much of an improvement. Don't want to give people a bad example now do we?

Haha well on the contrary, bad examples are as valuable as good examples, so that people realize that this surgery isn't necessarily always well executed!  I'm sure yours will turn out well though, most people who go into it with realistic expectations end up pleased.

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 01:58:30 PM »
me me me !! I have an overbite. I've been proposed a 5mm impaction of my maxilla BSSO and my mandible brought forward 15 mm (disagree STRONGLY with this) in a slight counterclockwise rotation.
I dont know where they would move my jaw 15 mm I'd end up with an underbite as my overbite isnt that severe, my main issue is a very long maxilla...

Anyways.
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.