Author Topic: Before/after pics  (Read 12356 times)

pekay

Re: Before/after pics
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 04:55:15 PM »
who was your surgeon? are you British?
Chopsticks > Spoons

breakkate

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2013, 05:02:38 PM »
Did the usage of 'stone' give me away? Ha yes I'm British- had my surgery in King College Hospital in london. Mr Shaun Matthews was my surgeon, he's got a pretty decent rep!

pekay

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2013, 05:05:26 PM »
Did the usage of 'stone' give me away? Ha yes I'm British- had my surgery in King College Hospital in london. Mr Shaun Matthews was my surgeon, he's got a pretty decent rep!

lol yes

i thin you look great and your chin seems to be in-sync with the rest of your face. you dont even need a genio imo

regarding the lower lip numbness, were you told that the feeling to your lip would eventually come back?
Chopsticks > Spoons

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2013, 05:55:35 PM »
lol yes

i thin you look great and your chin seems to be in-sync with the rest of your face. you dont even need a genio imo

Agreed

Did you consult with any other UK surgeons?  Did you get the surgery privately?

breakkate

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2013, 05:23:48 AM »
No I got my surgery on the NHS luckily and didn't have to wait for it either, which is normally the main concern with the NHS! They asked me when I wanted my surgery and booked it or the day I said! The whole thing ran without a hitch.
As far as surgeons are concerned, I got my braces through Guys Hospital and they have some sort of partnership with Kings College Hospital and they just put me with Mr Matthews. I may be wrong, bug i think on the NHS you don't really get much choice with surgeons. but when they planned the surgery they had a lot of consultants putting in their opinions so it's not just one bloke making the decisions!

I'm pretty easy going and I was more than happy that they knew what they were doing. I'm sure I could have kicked up a fuss if I wasn't happy with my surgeon but that's not really my style ha.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2013, 05:33:48 AM »
No I got my surgery on the NHS luckily and didn't have to wait for it either, which is normally the main concern with the NHS! They asked me when I wanted my surgery and booked it or the day I said! The whole thing ran without a hitch.
As far as surgeons are concerned, I got my braces through Guys Hospital and they have some sort of partnership with Kings College Hospital and they just put me with Mr Matthews. I may be wrong, bug i think on the NHS you don't really get much choice with surgeons. but when they planned the surgery they had a lot of consultants putting in their opinions so it's not just one bloke making the decisions!

I'm pretty easy going and I was more than happy that they knew what they were doing. I'm sure I could have kicked up a fuss if I wasn't happy with my surgeon but that's not really my style ha.

Kate, I think you were very lucky, to get surgery on the NHS rather than tons of ortho work that most people wind up with instead.  If you got your initial braces through a different hospital then it could have turned out very differently and not for the better.

breakkate

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2013, 05:58:44 AM »
Tell me about it - I was exceptionally lucky. I even got my own private room in the hospital and my own nurse. Couldn't have asked for more and I would have been happy with less!

I think because my self esteem was so so low, especially through my mid teens, that they thought surgery would be the only satisfactory solution for me. I would walk around and talk with my hand covering my mouth trying to hide it. Plus my front tooth is damaged because I fell off a bike when I was young, so it's yellow-ey compared to the others and they thought that I wouldnt be so self-conscious about it if i could close my mouth.
I know it seems silly, considering I don't look massively different, but I feel so much better in myself. My friends are all beautiful girls and I used to think I stood out as the 'ugly one' and I used to dread going to public places with them. I never used to wear lipstick because my front teeth rested on my lip - now I wear lipstick 24/7 and I love it. Plus (and this sounds so narcissistic so I apologise) I get so much more attention when I'm on a night out or when I walk down the street. That sounds so self-absorbed and i'm cringing that I have admitted that... but I do think I look better.

sanddunes

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2013, 12:29:05 PM »
Did you see a big change in your profile?  Also, how far forward was your upper jaw advanced?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 02:13:56 PM by sanddunes »