Author Topic: CelticCaveGirls cephs - class 2 div 2 short face  (Read 40302 times)

Tiny

• Private
Re: CelticCaveGirls cephs - class 2 div 2 short face
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2014, 11:58:01 AM »
Just realised I hadn't put any pictures on this thread, so here we are -

It is obvious in these pictures how far my lower lip is behind my upper - which is why I really don't think a BSSO and a ~5mm advancement is going to cut it.  he philtrum is also very short and curved, and this is in spite of my pulled-in incisors.  When I've been decompensated I am literally going to look like a duck

My profile is pretty bad, but I look OK from the front if I keep my bite open.

My rhino was not terribly well done, the tip is way too bulky/bulbous compared to the bridge so I will be having a revision which of course, is very common with rhinos.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2014, 02:42:00 AM »
I honestly think you look better now than in the morph.

applejuice

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2014, 01:07:57 AM »
The morph looks so much better.

notrain

• Private
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2014, 01:29:06 AM »
morph looks great, jaw is truly important in attractiveness. the picture before you had the chin implant looks horrible to be honest :( .

overbiter

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2014, 02:02:11 AM »
morph looks great, jaw is truly important in attractiveness. the picture before you had the chin implant looks horrible to be honest :( .

Oi, that's not fair. I think CCG looks good in profile. She looks a bit like Emily Blunt in some of the other pictures she posted.

overbiter

« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2014, 10:06:24 AM »
Just realised I hadn't put any pictures on this thread, so here we are -

It is obvious in these pictures how far my lower lip is behind my upper - which is why I really don't think a BSSO and a ~5mm advancement is going to cut it.

The morph looks more like a 15mm+ advancement, compared to the before surgery image. I don't think a 5mm advancement would make such a noticeable difference. It doesn't seem like a very scientific prediction, more like a photoshopped impression of what your face would look like with your jaws in the ideal positions. It's basically the equivalent of putting some clothes on a mannequin and telling someone that that is what they would like like in those clothes. It's not realistic.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2014, 12:44:25 PM »
It doesn't seem like a very scientific prediction, more like a photoshopped impression of what your face would look like with your jaws in the ideal positions.

That's because it is a photoshopped impression...I wasn't going for accuracy.  It's just a schematic as such

Yes, I think I need about 15mm total advancement.   12 at a minimum.  I've got about 4 or 5 from the chinplant so I'm looking at a BSSO of 8mm - at an absolutely minimum, 10mm would be better.

And yes, I looked pretty bad before the lipo and implant.  I'm lucky that the upper part of my face is reasonably pretty, which offsets the awfulness of the lower

overbiter

« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2014, 01:14:29 PM »
Oh, you made it yourself. I thought a doctor had done it for you.

dantheman

• Private
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2014, 10:25:45 AM »
Ccg, any dark circles under the eyes? Mine are horrendous and was wondering whether other c2/d2 people had them. Seems like a mixed bag from what I've seen. I can see why you want to have further surgery, but I don't think your pics are as bad as you make them out to be :)

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2014, 01:06:39 PM »
Ccg, any dark circles under the eyes? Mine are horrendous and was wondering whether other c2/d2 people had them. Seems like a mixed bag from what I've seen. I can see why you want to have further surgery, but I don't think your pics are as bad as you make them out to be :)

No, not significantly...but I have decent cheekbones and fat levels in my face.  My issues cosmetically (apart from the chin/jaw stuff) is premature cheek sagging and the resulting jowling, nasolabial and marionette lines.

I always thought that eyebags were related to orbital rim and midface deficiency

BlueShark7

« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2014, 09:30:13 PM »
Oi, that's not fair. I think CCG looks good in profile. She looks a bit like Emily Blunt in some of the other pictures she posted.

x2

I think you look pretty currently and in your morph.
Are you going for bimax CCW rotation?
My issues are similar, and I'm wondering if CCW bimax can lengthen the maxilla as well as mandible?

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2014, 06:35:46 PM »

Are you going for bimax CCW rotation?
My issues are similar, and I'm wondering if CCW bimax can lengthen the maxilla as well as mandible?

CCW and a downgraft of the maxilla (vertical lengthening, no advancement)
BSSO to lower

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2014, 04:44:17 AM »
Additional image

Yes, it's just photoshop!

Really hoping I can get into braces soon.  I wasn't able to see Pelo in April so have to wait until July (which is my next trip to Europe) and may also consult Sneddon in the UK.  I'm kindof done obsessing over this and just want to move forward with it now!

Actually I did have really bad circles, I just never noticed how bad they were!  I just had them filled - perfectha deep injected down under the muscle, (0.5ml each side) and perfect derm in the superficial dermis on top (0.25ml each side).  It looks great and perfectha deep lasts for about 12-18 months - I don't think it's related to my bite though as my midface projection is fine.

What I do have (although you can't tell from this picture because of the lighting) because of the jaw structure combined with a full face, is premature jowling, nasolabials, marionette lines and sagging in the lower face - which often tends to see when the lower jaw is recessed, as the face lacks bony support

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2014, 05:11:07 AM »
You look flatter in the face in the second picture (the morph). You also look slightly more angry for some reason.  ???

Do you know a reliable way to contact Pelo?

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2014, 06:41:48 AM »
You look flatter in the face in the second picture (the morph). You also look slightly more angry for some reason.  ???
there's only so much you can do with photoshop  ;)

Do you know a reliable way to contact Pelo?
No, sometimes they reply to emails and sometimes they don't