Author Topic: Alexia's double jaw surgery + genioplasty (class II)  (Read 19021 times)

Tahiata

Alexia's double jaw surgery + genioplasty (class II)
« on: August 12, 2013, 04:14:20 PM »
Hello !

My name is Alexia, I'm 21 and I had double jaw surgery (moving forward the two jaws with a LeFort I for the upper jaw and a BSSO for the lower jaw and impaction of the upper jaw) + genioplasty the 18th July of 2013.
I had a class II with overjet,  a long face and a recessed chin.

I read so many blog and forums until surgery to have an idea what to expect about jaw surgery, so here is my small contribution for those who will consider having this surgery !

I'm French and I'm currently trying to translate the best I can  every post of my blog in English, but I guess people are more interested in pictures so language isn't a problem :)

http://machirurgieorthognatique.wordpress.com/

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Alexia's double jaw surgery + genioplasty (class II)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 04:50:02 PM »
yeah you look great. tres jolie! your recovery sounds wonderful, hope you get all the nerve sensations back, let us know how that goes!

pekay

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 04:54:56 PM »
is this you before any sort of orthodontic treatment?

http://machirurgieorthognatique.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/picture-16.jpg
Chopsticks > Spoons

Tahiata

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 01:29:29 AM »
Thank you !
Not sure if I really look better, from sideways for sure but from front I have to adjust to the change, it's like I lost my cuteness with my mouse face !
Pekay, actually I had 2 orthodontic treatment, the first one when I was a teenager, and the second one is a lingual (hidden braces) for the surgery, this picture has been taken in September 2012, two months before my 2nd treatment.

My surgeon was Dr Deffrennes in Paris, he is one of the most famous surgeon for this kind of surgery in France.

I'll post more before pics to compare :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 08:11:36 AM by Tahiata »

pekay

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 06:30:28 AM »
Pekay, actually I had 2 orthodontic treatement, the first one when I was a teenager, and the second one is a lingual (hidden braces) for the surgery, this picture has been taken in september 2012, two months before my 2nd treatment.

you looked really good there

what drove you to get surgery? sleep apnea problems?
Chopsticks > Spoons

Tahiata

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 07:07:39 AM »
It sounds weird but I can't really tell !
I never liked my side profile and at rest my lips weren't touching, so to be honest my main motivations were aesthetic.
But I definitely breathe better since surgery and my tongue has more space, it doesn't push against my teeth when I'm swallowing.
At first I wanted to correct my teeth axis so I get braced and then I was already halfway up surgery.
In my family there is a dentist and an orthodontist and both of them told me that only surgery could correct my skeletal class II and I'm studying dental medicine as well...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 08:10:29 AM by Tahiata »

pekay

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 10:54:53 AM »
It sounds weird but I can't really tell !
I never liked my side profile and at rest my lips weren't touching, so to be honest my main motivations were aesthetic.
But I definitely breathe better since surgery and my tongue has more space, it doesn't push against my teeth when I'm swallowing.
At first I wanted to correct my teeth axis so I get braced and then I was already halfway up surgery.
In my family there is a dentist and an orthodontist and both of them told me that only surgery could correct my skeletal class II and I'm studying dental medicine as well...

I get you completely but going by the way you described yourself in the original post I was expecting someone completely unattractive

You looked great in that picture just before lingual braces
Chopsticks > Spoons

cdee

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 09:25:23 AM »
I use Google translate, and I can understand you well.  :D Your face is very similar to mine. I think you have a great result! I should be having my surgery within the next couple of weeks, so it's good to find people that I can use to help me visualize a result. Most important to me is the function, although good aesthetic results are a bonus. I would love to be able to eat normally. The overjet is challenging on its own, but I also have a very open bite. You look beautiful!

Tahiata

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 05:55:37 AM »
I guess it's the genio  and the impaction (the surgeon has corrected my occlusal plan by making it more "horizontal" than it was) which let  think that my lower jaw was moved more than 3-4mm.

Yes, now I'm happy with the results, I didn't like what I saw the first few weeks (especially my chin and my smile)  but now I'm quite used to the new me :)