Author Topic: does any1 know of any sugreons who do modified lefort 2's for cosmetic reasons  (Read 9212 times)

earl25

Lazlo

• Private
no one on this board knows anything about this except me so you should have just pm'd me. and to answer your question the main reason to do a quad 1 and 2 IS COSMETIC.

Schendel will do it if you ask him, but you'll have to pay. Otherwise, very very few know how to do it. If you're just asking "who can do it" then email eugene keller google eugene keller mayo clinic.

earl25

I emailed schendel he will send me info regarding cost etc.

how does the result compare vs implants?

Lazlo

• Private

did he say it was a good option for you? What specifically did you ask for the, modified lefort 1 or 2? Did he say it would address your orbital rim deficiency?

Lazlo

• Private

as for how the results compare I would think you would have to ask Schendel he is the authority.

earl25

I believe this guy also does the surgery

http://www.cosmetic-surgeon.com/contact-dr-bailey.html

Lazlo

• Private
I believe this guy also does the surgery

http://www.cosmetic-surgeon.com/contact-dr-bailey.html

earl, this sounds like some kind of cheekbone osteotomy. definitely very interesting. I'd love to see before after pics of anyone or even just that area. I'm not sure though it's the same as the quad lefort though since it doesn't sound like the maxilla is being moved...but I don't know.

pekay

I think that lady had a modified LeFort of some kind

Long-term outcome of malar augmentation using the lamellar split osteotomy in a non-cleft patient. (A1, A2) Frontal and lateral view of a noncleft patient with flat malar region before lamellar split osteotomy. (B1, B2) one year, after lamellar split osteotomy. (C1, C2) 13-year, long-term outcome after lamellar split osteotomy
Chopsticks > Spoons

pekay

Lamellar split osteotomy technique, when used in malar-zygomatic complex, presents a new and effective way of changing facial contour to obtain lateral or anterior projection and to improve facial aesthetics. This technique, an original invention of the author, provides new elements in the surgical correction of skeletal deformities. In contrast to classic osteotomies, this technique transforms the outer table into a maneuverable bone segment, the contour of which can be changed by bending, sliding, or rotation. In separating the outer from the inner table, the outer table becomes movable, whereas the inner table remains in place. A basic advantage of this technique is that the contour can be changed without using additional biological or nonbiological implants. Screws fix the outer table in its changed shape and position. During the last 6 years, 44 lamellar split osteotomies were performed; 22 were for advancement of the malar-zygomatic complex. Follow-up spanned from 6 months to 6 years. No resorption of bone or change of contour was observed at follow-up, which indicates that the outer table maintains its new contour and position during childhood and adolescent growth.
Chopsticks > Spoons

Lazlo

• Private
Lamellar split osteotomy technique, when used in malar-zygomatic complex, presents a new and effective way of changing facial contour to obtain lateral or anterior projection and to improve facial aesthetics. This technique, an original invention of the author, provides new elements in the surgical correction of skeletal deformities. In contrast to classic osteotomies, this technique transforms the outer table into a maneuverable bone segment, the contour of which can be changed by bending, sliding, or rotation. In separating the outer from the inner table, the outer table becomes movable, whereas the inner table remains in place. A basic advantage of this technique is that the contour can be changed without using additional biological or nonbiological implants. Screws fix the outer table in its changed shape and position. During the last 6 years, 44 lamellar split osteotomies were performed; 22 were for advancement of the malar-zygomatic complex. Follow-up spanned from 6 months to 6 years. No resorption of bone or change of contour was observed at follow-up, which indicates that the outer table maintains its new contour and position during childhood and adolescent growth.

cool

earl25

what happens to the optic nerve? how do they protect it from damage?

x

• Private
sounds promising

that lady looks like she lost lateral projection though. worked for her face, but for those of us needing lateral projection I haven't seen much