Author Topic: Operations before jaw surgery: How long to wait?  (Read 1357 times)

Optimistic

• I am class I
Operations before jaw surgery: How long to wait?
« on: August 12, 2013, 04:59:34 AM »
I unfortunately have a very mild case of gynaecomastia from when I was a teenager (puffy nipples for those of you who don't know what that is  :'( ), and I'm planning to sort this out along with my jaw sometime in the next 6-10 months. It's not a very major operation at all, it simply involves removing the glands and/or some fat behind the areola, and in my case via remote incision under the armpit. After about two weeks you're just about fully recovered and simply need to wear a compression vest for the next few weeks. I think exercise can be resumed after around the 6-8 week mark.

Given this information how close do you think I could have the two operations done together? In an ideal world I'd like to get them done maybe 1-2 months apart. Some seem to say that one should never have two surgeries close together, but then when I think about people get things like JS and rhinos done all the time in one go. Would it really make a difference?
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.