Author Topic: Surgery complete!  (Read 6013 times)

cdee

Surgery complete!
« on: September 21, 2013, 07:34:28 PM »
Ok, so 3 piece LeFort I, and the lower jaw came forward 6-7 mm. I had open bite and over-jet, plus some asymmetry. Here's where I'm at so far.

[attachment deleted by admin]

cdee

Re: Surgery complete!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 11:25:09 PM »
Dr. Dana Jensen. I'm Air Force, so this was done in a military hospital by a military doc. Lucky for me, I'm stationed at one of the biggest military hospitals in the US.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 03:12:37 AM »
Dr. Dana Jensen. I'm Air Force, so this was done in a military hospital by a military doc. Lucky for me, I'm stationed at one of the biggest military hospitals in the US.

you're looking great. can you tell us how much your upper jaw was widened with the 3 piece lefort? does it feel like you have more width (i.e. transverse space), especially for your tongue? Is it significant. Please do update us with more pics and comments about your recovery. Thank you.

cdee

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 07:37:42 AM »
I'm not sure how much I was widened, and with this splint in, it's hard to tell if I have more room. I think I do. Am sooo ready for the splint to come out. I'll have to do another post with my pre & post pictures up to today.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 07:28:29 PM »
I'm not sure how much I was widened, and with this splint in, it's hard to tell if I have more room. I think I do. Am sooo ready for the splint to come out. I'll have to do another post with my pre & post pictures up to today.

yeah you probably won't be able to tell without the splint taken out. did you have tongue feeling trapped issues before surgery?

cdee

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 07:46:07 PM »
I'd bite the edges of my tongue a lot, but it's been like this for so long I just really didn't think about it much. I'm so ready for this splint to come out, though! I have about 4 more weeks with it.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 12:08:40 AM »
I'd bite the edges of my tongue a lot, but it's been like this for so long I just really didn't think about it much. I'm so ready for this splint to come out, though! I have about 4 more weeks with it.

wow i wonder why you have to keep your splint in for so long? is it because of the multi-segment, i haven't heard of other patients with multi-segments needs to keep a splint in for so long but i don't really know. good to hear you're doing well.

cdee

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 03:44:49 AM »
Well I only had one rubber band on each side for a week, so I guess not being banded shut is better than wearing a splint for 6 weeks. *shrugs* Let me tell you though... it's annoying. I will celebrate when it's out.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 03:57:15 AM »
Well I only had one rubber band on each side for a week, so I guess not being banded shut is better than wearing a splint for 6 weeks. *shrugs* Let me tell you though... it's annoying. I will celebrate when it's out.

cool, don't worry, it'll all be over before you know it i'm sure and then you'll have the rest of your life to enjoy it. i wonder if the military has like more advanced surgeons and equipment and stuff?

cdee

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 04:00:21 AM »
I think it depends where you are, but this medical center is huge. My surgeon said at his last assignment (he just got to this base 2 months ago) they did a ton of them each week.