Author Topic: Plastic Surgery?  (Read 32552 times)

Bitterbiter

Plastic Surgery?
« on: September 29, 2013, 01:12:02 PM »
Ok, I have a question? In general I feel plastic surgery on almost all occasions makes a person look worse or freakish..I understand most jaw patients are correcting their bites for function. Having said that, is jaw surgery considered plastic surgery? If so do most patients that were once good looking look worse after jaw surgery, just to correct their bite? Interested in answer, for most people on this site do you think you look better now or before you had surgery? Do you consider this plastic surgery?

Tiny

• Private
Re: Plastic Surgery?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 05:30:37 AM »
Most people look better after jaw surgery, IMO, because the jawline is really important for overall facial attractiveness and a lot of us have something significantly off about our faces.  I don't think there are many people who are "really good looking" before jaw surgery as it is quite rare to have significant functional problems without it showing in the facial structure.

I've had various 'PS' procedures, minor and more major.   Chin lipo?  Looked great.  Botox to raise the edge of the brow?  No-one asked me if I'd had botox, I could still move my face, it was subtle and looked natural (I didnt get other areas, though)  My rhino didn't change the size, just the shape of my nose, and I don't think it looks fake.  My other Father didn't even notice!  Sure, some nosejobs look bad (I've seen a lot of bad ones here in the Middle East) but subtle rhinos often look great.  Scarlett Johannsen?  Blake Lively?

PS usually looks bad when people go over-the-top (e.g. getting 3 syringes of Juvederm in their lips instead of 1, or getting a teeny tiny pointy nose, or big fake boobs on a small frame).  Some of the older eye jobs and facelifts do look pretty bad though - modern techniques are definitely better

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 08:25:39 AM »
I dunno, I was hanging out with some strippers last weekend and they all had so called "subtle" work down, small injections of stuff to turn up their lip corners or try and give their lips more of a C shape and these girls were young, like mid 20s and I'm sorry, you can tell something is F'd up about their appearance. I can immediately tell when someone has fillers even if it's subtly done, it just makes the face and texture look horrible. I agree jaw surgery is essentially undectable from appearances and it's gross.

But there's really nothing that can beat natural beauty, health and a good personality. People with natural beauty are lucky. I don't give a s**t what people say, people with good cheerful, vibrant personalities come off as much much more attractive. And yes, it's your fault if you have a s**tty personality.

strongjawman

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 08:44:37 AM »
I don't think there are many people who are "really good looking" before jaw surgery as it is quite rare to have significant functional problems without it showing in the facial structure.

I don't think it's that rare to be good looking and have something obviously off about your facial structure.

Tyler Posey is pretty good-looking ^ I wonder what his bite is like..
My jaw asymmetry is a much milder version of his.

Also Joey Richter's crooked jaw, he's pretty good-looking too Joey Richter - Crooked Jaw

But there's really nothing that can beat natural beauty, health and a good personality. People with natural beauty are lucky. I don't give a s**t what people say, people with good cheerful, vibrant personalities come off as much much more attractive. And yes, it's your fault if you have a s**tty personality.

I lol'd, so true though.

CK

• Private
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 12:24:58 PM »
there is a line between superficial jaw bone deficiencies and total bone structure deformity. most people with over or undergrowth of the upper jaw can have devastating consequences for the rest of the face. while less than ideal development of the lower jaw is totally fixable most of the time.

Bitterbiter

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 04:33:00 PM »
Yeah, is nothing like natural beauty and personality does make a person that more pretty... However when people hit a certain age 35, 40 their looks definitely decline...feel bad for woman because usually at about 40 this happens, hormones, etc...men usually stay more attractive longer or have more appeal to the younger opposite sex..women can either stay young with plastic surgery and get ridiculed or not have it and look older and less attractive..no win situation, that's society! So seems like most people think jaw surgery is undetectable, that should pass as natural beauty because for most if orthos didn't f up your bite or face at a young age, this is what you naturally would of looked like...

Bitterbiter

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 07:30:28 PM »
They say cheeks are what makes you attractive, does jaw surgery give you better cheeks? For a man or woman?

Bitterbiter

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 07:50:02 PM »
No? Well if you look at all these plastic surgery sites they state that cheeks are what support the face, what people focus on, make a person look young or old? I would think if ones jaw was adjusted would have some effect on cheeks seeing that cheeks rest on your upper jaw at least? Don't know anyone see better cheeks after surgery or have gotten implants?fillers with natural results?

x

• Private
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 07:53:39 PM »
No? Well if you look at all these plastic surgery sites they state that cheeks are what support the face, what people focus on, make a person look young or old? I would think if ones jaw was adjusted would have some effect on cheeks seeing that cheeks rest on your upper jaw at least? Don't know anyone see better cheeks after surgery or have gotten implants?fillers with natural results?
Lefort I cuts below the cheeks, they don't move at all: http://www.intelligentdental.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/F21_large.jpg

Braced4life

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 04:54:30 AM »
I had a minimal class 111, jaw got advanced, I now have more angular cheeks then before, so yes it does impact cheeks, at least upper jaw surgery does

anglii

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 05:23:51 AM »
Re: Tyler Posey is pretty good-looking ^ I wonder what his bite is like..
My jaw asymmetry is a much milder version of his.

Also Joey Richter's crooked jaw, he's pretty good-looking too Joey Richter - Crooked Jaw

Both Tyler and Joey would be great candidates for neuromuscular dentistry. Especially Joey who has issues with TMJ. I bet Tyler also has issues with his TMJ as you cannot have an asymmetrical jaw without it causing unequal wear of that joint.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 12:49:12 PM »
This whole, 'neuromuscular dentistry' sounds a bit snake oily to me anyhow.

anglii

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 08:25:14 AM »
This whole, 'neuromuscular dentistry' sounds a bit snake oily to me anyhow.

And you think orthodontestry and maxillofacial surgery is based on science? Show me the evidence? I've only had my orthotics on for 3 weeks. For the first time since my double jaw surgery 30 years ago have I bean able to chew normally. That is: equally on both sides and straight up and down. Before I could only chew on my right side and my jaw would be all over the place during the process causing excessive wear on my teeth. 

Just because asymmetries are ubiquitous in western society doesn't mean asymmetry is normal. Research conducted over a period of 25 years by Weston Price showed that it isn't genetics causing all the issues we're seeing with crowded teeth and misaligned jaws but a nutrient deficiency during prenatal development when the dental/nasal arch is formed during early pregnancy. See http://www.amazon.com/Vitamin-K2-Calcium-Paradox-Little-Known/dp/0062320041

earl25

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 09:36:52 AM »
And you think orthodontestry and maxillofacial surgery is based on science? Show me the evidence? I've only had my orthotics on for 3 weeks. For the first time since my double jaw surgery 30 years ago have I bean able to chew normally. That is: equally on both sides and straight up and down. Before I could only chew on my right side and my jaw would be all over the place during the process causing excessive wear on my teeth. 

Just because asymmetries are ubiquitous in western society doesn't mean asymmetry is normal. Research conducted over a period of 25 years by Weston Price showed that it isn't genetics causing all the issues we're seeing with crowded teeth and misaligned jaws but a nutrient deficiency during prenatal development when the dental/nasal arch is formed during early pregnancy. See http://www.amazon.com/Vitamin-K2-Calcium-Paradox-Little-Known/dp/0062320041

i dont buy it. i look like a distant relative who was born in 1905 on a farm in germany. this  long before any processed foods wer around,especially in rural germany. he had (like me) every maxlo craniofacial issue there is. sloped farhead,recesed jaw,messed up maxilla,hypoplastic midfacd and a lazy bulging eye. he was on a traditional farm diet and still looked like that.

overbiter

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 02:06:42 PM »
i dont buy it. i look like a distant relative who was born in 1905 on a farm in germany. this  long before any processed foods wer around,especially in rural germany. he had (like me) every maxlo craniofacial issue there is. sloped farhead,recesed jaw,messed up maxilla,hypoplastic midfacd and a lazy bulging eye. he was on a traditional farm diet and still looked like that.

How did he find a woman to have sex with then?