Author Topic: Plastic Surgery?  (Read 32597 times)

nrelax11

• Private
Re: Plastic Surgery?
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2014, 05:02:50 PM »
Yea im going to be wired shut for a week. Yea my surgeon still does that. He said in the future hes going to just use bands, but right now he likes the results with being wired shut for just a week. So it will have to liquid vitamins for now. I already have a very good morning and night smoothie that are both over 1000 calories, so I should be good with nutrition. Jus have to add some other liquids in there during the day and both thr drinks are packed with a decent amount of protein and really good fats. I'll just have to work my appeitite up a little more before my surgery.

earl25

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2014, 05:13:27 PM »
also try l glutamine

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2014, 05:20:12 PM »
What does that help? I know its an amino acid and aids in recovery. Maybe I just answered it myself lol.  I actually have some :) I weightlift, so luckily I eat pretty healthy. Also, people on here talk about staying away from carbs on here, why so? I eat carbs, but its from oats usually..anyways, your suppose to get like 60% of calories from carbs

LoveofScotch

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2014, 05:25:41 PM »
Yes, I temporarily forgot about the whole not being able to open your mouth thing. Sorry. The other thing about fat soluble vitamins is that they take awhile to build up in your system; it's not like taking B vitamins, where they are immediately available. If you want to improve your status, ideally, you really should start taking them a few (if not several) months before surgery.

Cheers!

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2014, 05:31:09 PM »
Good, then im set:) I have a cup of walnuts a day in my morning shake, plus flaxseeds and then at night I have peanut butter in my other shake. So im getting a good amount of poly and monounsaturated fats, plus omega 3,6, &9..I think Ishould be good.

earl25

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2014, 03:29:32 PM »
What does that help? I know its an amino acid and aids in recovery. Maybe I just answered it myself lol.  I actually have some :) I weightlift, so luckily I eat pretty healthy. Also, people on here talk about staying away from carbs on here, why so? I eat carbs, but its from oats usually..anyways, your suppose to get like 60% of calories from carbs

I am a poster over at a height surgery message board which is an oesteotmy on your legs. one guy who had this surgery twice said l-glutamine on his second surgery and swore he saw a huge difference in soft tissue recovery.  It is in essence the same surgery just diff body part. imo the best things to try for quicker recovery

bone broth soup
vitamin k2
calcium
d3
l-glutamine (got this from the story above)
citrulline malate (it supposedly helps increase hgh production, which would be very beneficial to healing)
protein powder
bluberry (would have to be liquidized. I got this from a veteran on the hair loss board who says it helps increase circulation which is essential to healing

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2014, 05:20:20 PM »
Thanks so much for all the tips. Ive been trying to find what vitamins/foods and supplements I should get for my post op recovery. Want to do everything possible to make it a quicker and better recovery.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2014, 06:48:23 AM »

I am a poster over at a height surgery message board which is an oesteotmy on your legs. one guy who had this surgery twice

:o :o :o :o :o
Hardcore!!

For any externals scars, I recommend copper peptides.  But you have to use the right kind, in the right concentration.   I use it on any pimples to make them heal and I used it on one of dogs when she had a hole in her elbow and had to have it stitched up.  It healed beautifully.  Some medical wound-healing gels contain it too

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2014, 11:23:09 AM »
I think a guy when I was in high school had some device screwed into his leg lengthen it. I know he had three metal bars at the top and bottom of his leg amd said he had to turn something all the time.. probably sucked having to walk around with the damn thing all the time.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2014, 01:32:22 AM »

I am a poster over at a height surgery message board which is an oesteotmy on your legs. one guy who had this surgery twice said l-glutamine on his second surgery and swore he saw a huge difference in soft tissue recovery.  It is in essence the same surgery just diff body part. imo the best things to try for quicker recovery

bone broth soup
vitamin k2
calcium
d3
l-glutamine (got this from the story above)
citrulline malate (it supposedly helps increase hgh production, which would be very beneficial to healing)
protein powder
bluberry (would have to be liquidized. I got this from a veteran on the hair loss board who says it helps increase circulation which is essential to healing

What about arnica for bruising?

LoveofScotch

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2014, 09:02:17 AM »
Yes to arnica! Obviously, you should ask your surgeon to make sure it's alright to use, but I love the stuff. I'm not a particularly achy person (I don't generally get sore/beat up), but I have played very aggressive sports in the past, and injuries happen (or at the very least, sore quads that make me walk like I'm 90).

I use an arnica gel (topical) called Arnicare Gel made by Boiron. I get it at Whole Foods.

Good luck with your surgery!

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2014, 11:29:57 AM »
Does arnica work well for bruising?  I got mine at whole foods too before, both the gel and the pellots you take orally. Iwas using it for some achiness on my forearm, but never seemed to do anything

LoveofScotch

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2014, 12:33:46 PM »
I never noticed anything from those little pellets either...they just tasted like sugar, and for me did absolutely nothing. I do stand by the topical gel, but more for soreness than bruising. I'm not really a bruiser, so I can't speak to its effectiveness for that specifically. Also, I found that I really have to rub it in, to notice much, and I can't imagine you are going to want to be rubbing your face after surgery.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2014, 01:58:35 PM »
Hahah, yea probably not a good idea to rub your face after surgery. I was watching a girls vlog though and she said that after about the one week point its good to do light facial massages to kind of get the blood flowing. Trying to gather as much information to help speed up recovery. I had a few doctors in the past telling me to try the arnica pellets. Seemed like theyre all promoting it lol.

LoveofScotch

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2014, 02:30:44 PM »
That's a good thought, maybe try the topical gel down the road when you are still sore, but are able to safely and comfortably touch your face. Another thing is that the topical gel is, well...gel. It's a little sticky so it's not going to be like rubbing a prestige facial cream on your face. I'm sure if you are sore enough, it probably wouldn't matter that gel on your face feels odd and sticky.

Again, good luck with everything!