Author Topic: Day 17 update w/ pics  (Read 3818 times)

cdee

Day 17 update w/ pics
« on: October 06, 2013, 07:43:05 AM »
Hi! I just thought I'd post a pictorial update. Here are my pre and post comparisons, plus one of me from that day (I think I look semi-normal). These are from yesterday, day 17.

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

sanddunes

Re: Day 17 update w/ pics
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 02:11:55 PM »
Congrats on making it through the hardest 2 weeks.  It looks like you still have swelling in the cheek and nose area, which is totally normal at day 17.  I am at week 7 post ops and I still have some swelling left.  Did you do a genioplasty with your jaw surgery?  If you get your surgery while in the air force do they pay for everything?

cdee

Re: Day 17 update w/ pics
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 07:12:41 PM »
I still have TONS of swelling in the upper lip, around my nose and in my cheeks. Most of the jaw swelling is gone. I didn't have a genioplasty. The surgeon said I probably wouldn't need it, but if I healed up and decided I wanted to have one done, we could do it later. He also didn't want to add in another procedure on top of the BSSO and 3-piece Lefort1. Because I had some real functionality issues due to my open bite and significant overbite, the Air Force did the surgery for free. It took a long time to be accepted as an ortho patient; it was about a 8 month wait, and then I also had to get approval from my commander before I could go into the ortho program. Lucky for me, they need cases to maintain competency and we have a huge medical center. My braces were free also. I just got lucky!