Author Topic: Asian Jaw/Cheekbone Reductions  (Read 9461 times)

Eroica

Asian Jaw/Cheekbone Reductions
« on: June 18, 2012, 12:34:55 AM »
While among caucasians, augmenting the jaw and cheekbones is popular, in east Asia it is common for both women and men to desire smaller jaws/cheekbones. I've seen many east Asian patients who've actually had their jaws brought backwards and then shaved at the angles.

Cmonster

• Private
Re: Asian Jaw/Cheekbone Reductions
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 12:41:39 AM »
Wow, you learn something new everyday! I think they look beautiful before ! Clearly they have different aesthetic likes when it comes to jaws in comparison to Western Society
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 10:17:47 AM »
honestly, they do look a LOT better

treevernal

• Private
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 07:57:52 PM »
I feel bad for saying this, but that girl in the last B/A shot looks stunning in her after.  She must be so pleased with her result.  I feel bad saying that I like it because she looks like an entirely different person.  But...she is still gorgeous in the after, wow.  Didn't know they could change that much. 

neferkitti

• Private
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 09:21:02 PM »
Is it just me, or is there some photoshopping going on here?

Eroica

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 07:01:28 AM »
I feel bad for saying this, but that girl in the last B/A shot looks stunning in her after.  She must be so pleased with her result.  I feel bad saying that I like it because she looks like an entirely different person.  But...she is still gorgeous in the after, wow.  Didn't know they could change that much. 

I prefer all of them before. They look overly reduced and almost underdeveloped in the afters. Narrow faces don't work on east Asians IMO.

Eroica

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 02:16:33 PM »
Now this is a good result... but I still think they've reduced her chin and jaw a bit too much. I also suspect that such a small mandible will be quite aging in a few years.

neferkitti

• Private
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 02:31:59 PM »
Now this is a good result... but I still think they've reduced her chin and jaw a bit too much. .

I think it's a good result, too. I actually think the reduction is just right. However, I don't know how this is accomplished without a face lift, even on a patient as young as this.

I also suspect that such a small mandible will be quite aging in a few years

Yes, definitely, especially without a lift.

Eroica

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 03:07:12 PM »
Small mandibles can be associated with early jowling and sagging. It depends though. This is less likely with a naturally small mandible as opposed to one that has been surgically reduced.

neferkitti

• Private
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 03:45:03 PM »
This is less likely with a naturally small mandible as opposed to one that has been surgically reduced.

Agreed. A reduction like the one above would result in sagging, especially the chin. For whatever reason, the tissues of that region just don't snap back after reducing. Intervention is necessary from what I have read and was told.

On the topic of natural jaw size and aging, I tend think larger jaws can be aging, or, rather, they often don't age as well. There are exceptions, of course. 

Eroica

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 06:24:17 PM »
Yeah it's photoshopped, no doubt about it. The contours of her face look smudgy and odd. However the results of this surgery often look pretty similar to that pic. I've known people who've gone to Korea to have this done.

neferkitti

• Private
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 12:49:38 PM »
From up-thread:

The surgeon removed her entire jaw angle. Does this seem radical to you all?

Eroica

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 01:10:03 PM »
If this is not photoshopped (I believe it is), I cannot imagine there not being at least some nerve damage involved. I don't know if she had her jaw angles chopped, but burring/shaving of the rest of the mandible strips the tissue off the bone. I'd imagine at least some of that tissue would not bounce back.

In theory, it sounds good. She looks great. But, I'm not buying it.

Believe me, these surgeons do achieve results this radical, and without permanent nerve damage. They don't just shave the mandibular angles, they perform a V-line osteotomy where a large wedge of bone is removed from the central portion of the chin. They can remove a huge amount of the bone structure by combining these two procedures. Personally I feel they usually remove way too much jaw structure but that's the fashion in Korea.