Author Topic: Zygomatic Sandwich Osteotomy / Zygomatic Arch Osteotomy (forward vs lateral)  (Read 26726 times)

Lazlo

• Private
we still need to solve this problem.

i don't know if sinn's "modified lefort III" will do much. remember soft tissue reacts differently.

i've heard it's 3:1 bone to soft tissue changes. SO just think, I had 6mm advancement of upper jaw, but that only showed up as 2mm. Do you think that's even really noticeable. give me a break.

So on me I'd have to have like 2 cm advancement on cheekbones to get the effect I want no doubt.
I'd need 1cm of my own bone (the max i think sinn can do is like 8mm) so then 1cm of advancement with HA bone graft or some s**t. Actually the way to do it would be to interpose the ha block between the osteotomy, not as an onlay. If Sinn could pull that off then maybe we'd be getting somewhere with some bad ass changes.

Millis

we still need to solve this problem.

i don't know if sinn's "modified lefort III" will do much. remember soft tissue reacts differently.

i've heard it's 3:1 bone to soft tissue changes. SO just think, I had 6mm advancement of upper jaw, but that only showed up as 2mm. Do you think that's even really noticeable. give me a break.

So on me I'd have to have like 2 cm advancement on cheekbones to get the effect I want no doubt.
I'd need 1cm of my own bone (the max i think sinn can do is like 8mm) so then 1cm of advancement with HA bone graft or some s**t. Actually the way to do it would be to interpose the ha block between the osteotomy, not as an onlay. If Sinn could pull that off then maybe we'd be getting somewhere with some bad ass changes.

This isn't so true at the zygomatic arch... It's close to 1:1 I would think
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 05:50:54 AM by Millis »

Milli_Meters

I was planning on starting my own ZSO thread.

Way to rain on my parade Millis  >:(

:P

Millis

I was planning on starting my own ZSO thread.

Way to rain on my parade Millis  >:(

:P

What more is there to say about ZSO, this forum is pretty slow I don't think theres any new information to contribute

Milli_Meters

Yeah actually I do not have anything original to say about the technical aspects of the zso but I have recently seen a few B n A s(non clinic) and I feel some of the criticisms of this osteotomy may be unfounded or coming from an unrealistic perspective.

The crux of my post was going to be the B n As of a poster who had for a while agreed that I could post the pics with eyes/lower face covered. I wanted to get people's opinions on that...maybe the posters who had criticized the "low augmentation" in former posts. To me the results look decent. Nothing dramatic but worth the cost/risks. Unfortunately the  user has disallowed me to post the pics last minute. So idk.

Milli_Meters

and PS = Initially your re awakening of this thread dint make any sense because your post showed only Lazlo's quoted text.

Yeah  you are probably right about the zygomatic arch but everyone contemplating these procedures should have low facial fat .

Millis

Yeah actually I do not have anything original to say about the technical aspects of the zso but I have recently seen a few B n A s(non clinic) and I feel some of the criticisms of this osteotomy may be unfounded or coming from an unrealistic perspective.

The crux of my post was going to be the B n As of a poster who had for a while agreed that I could post the pics with eyes/lower face covered. I wanted to get people's opinions on that...maybe the posters who had criticized the "low augmentation" in former posts. To me the results look decent. Nothing dramatic but worth the cost/risks. Unfortunately the  user has disallowed me to post the pics last minute. So idk.

That's a shame, there are next to no real ZSO before and afters so it would be really great to see what it could do. What do you think of this particular users improvement? Are his zygos more 'chiseled' and masculine, are they higher, do his arches they protrude more? How many mms does it look like? What difference in attractiveness is there?

Feel free to make a thread, you're not going to be arrested. It's strange to feel that you aren't at liberty to make a thread on some slow little aesthetic surgery forum. I make threads on whatever, whenever I like.

Milli_Meters

This specific users situation definitely improved with the ZSO imo.  He also had a chin wing and some soft tissue work so at first that stuff was eclipsing the relatively subtle improvement in the cheek area.

He did not have "high" cheekbones but imo he looked good after. I was curious whether people who have criticised the "low augmentation" would also find his result "meh" . In the case to me , they just have unrealistic expectations about what an osteotomy can do in that region.

lol man I was just joking a bit , because at the time I thought You had simply brought an old thread to life for no reason. Your post did not show.

Its all good. Right now without the B n As , I have nothing to contribute regarding the ZSO . Maybe the user will change his mind.

Rico

IF YOU ARE GOING TO MOVE ALL ZYGOMATIC BONE INCLUDING MASSETER MUSCLE, BE CAREFUL

This is what can happen http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php?topic=6746.msg56774#msg56774