Author Topic: expander use in Leforte 3 piece 3 months post op  (Read 1428 times)

Ben

expander use in Leforte 3 piece 3 months post op
« on: November 25, 2013, 12:00:22 PM »
So 3 months after my operation, a Lefort 3 piece segmented osteotomy that failed to gain expansion or adequate advancement, I was given the option of an RPE device to expand. I chose not to go ahead with it because I was afraid of complications. Now I'm seeking the re-imbursement of all my treatment fees at the minimum and those involved in my treatment are using my choice to end treatment early, not taking the RPE, as the main justification for not doing so.
Any opinions would be great...I will go and see another surgeon soon too.
Thanks

Lazlo

• Private
Re: expander use in Leforte 3 piece 3 months post op
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 08:01:46 AM »
So 3 months after my operation, a Lefort 3 piece segmented osteotomy that failed to gain expansion or adequate advancement, I was given the option of an RPE device to expand. I chose not to go ahead with it because I was afraid of complications. Now I'm seeking the re-imbursement of all my treatment fees at the minimum and those involved in my treatment are using my choice to end treatment early, not taking the RPE, as the main justification for not doing so.
Any opinions would be great...I will go and see another surgeon soon too.
Thanks

i think this is a fabulous idea. hold those docs accountable for their failures.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 11:12:41 AM »
i think this is a fabulous idea. hold those docs accountable for their failures.

Tough to do in small countries (Australia included).  The docs all know each other and will not testify against each other.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 06:20:02 AM »
Tough to do in small countries (Australia included).  The docs all know each other and will not testify against each other.

I doubt it is even a big conspiracy. Most likely going to court is time consuming for little pay. They'd probably rather shut up and keep working.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.