Before/After Photos > Underbites

Re: Male, Underbite, double jaw surgery (Pics recent as of 5.30.12)

(1/8) > >>

CheezyGuy913:
Truly great results congrats! Sounds like you're a few weeks ahead of me in the healing game - did you have much numbness post op? Any still? 2 weeks in and my chin is pretty numb still.

stevek216:
I had serious numbness on my left upper cheek all the way to my lower eyelid, the two sides of my chin but not my chin itself, and my gums.  The numbness is fading, only my gums are still fully numb around my teeth.  My chin is about half as numb as it was and my cheek is still kind of numb when I really concentrate on it but is otherwise not noticeable.  However numbness is sorta the last thing to go, I've heard.  It's not uncommon to have numbness persist up to a year after surgery, even once the swelling is long gone.  Two weeks in and I'd say you have nothing to worry about with numbness.

perfetto8390:
Its good to see that you are recovering well. Now were you wired shut or banded shut after surgery? Do you find that you have much of an appetite?

stevek216:
It was a combination of both.  I have two wires in the very front holding my teeth together and maybe 7-8 very tightly wrapped bands along my molars.  I have absolutely no range of motion, my surgeon had me try as hard as i could to move my teeth and he said there was no motion.  The bands and wires are so tight that they've actually pulled my lower teeth up behind my upper teeth in front, my upper teeth in front are actually resting on the lower braces, preventing further movement.

neferkitti:

--- Quote from: stevek216 on June 05, 2012, 08:22:26 AM ---I have absolutely no range of motion, my surgeon had me try as hard as i could to move my teeth and he said there was no motion. The bands and wires are so tight that they've actually pulled my lower teeth up behind my upper teeth in front, my upper teeth in front are actually resting on the lower braces, preventing further movement.

--- End quote ---

Sounds uncomfortable, Steve. When my heavy bands were finally removed, I was so hungry that I purchased a lot of fun, soft (and unhealthy) foods to celebrate. To my chagrin, I then realized I had next to zero ROM to actually eat them. Needless to say, this left me frustrated and still hungry. As the days went by however, I found chopsticks to be useful. ROM is now at 52mm, which is sort of on the high end of the spectrum, I believe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version