Author Topic: Did you notice more acne after surgery and braces?  (Read 4552 times)

DolphinBite

Did you notice more acne after surgery and braces?
« on: July 03, 2012, 08:22:17 PM »
Hi everyone -

I've been breaking out ever since my jaw surgery and then it got worse when my braces went on. Anyone had a similar experience or know why this is happening?

xo-
B

stevek216

Re: Did you notice more acne after surgery and braces?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 08:24:38 PM »
added stress?  My skin actually cleared up like crazy when they put the IV in.  Kinda makes me think I should be drinking a lot more water

neferkitti

• Private
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 08:59:29 PM »

I've been breaking out ever since my jaw surgery and then it got worse when my braces went on. Anyone had a similar experience or know why this is happening?

Yes! My breakout was out of the blue about 4 weeks out. My doctor prescribed Klaron, and it resolved fairly quickly. It's a topical, but it does contain sulphur, so avoid if you're allergic.

DolphinBite

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 09:46:41 PM »
neferkitti - did your doc give you a reason for the increased breakouts?

DolphinBite

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 07:09:26 AM »
Yes, it is definitely in the area around my nose and mouth - where there is swelling. I always wanted to feel like a teenager again, but not like this!!!!

neferkitti

• Private
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 01:10:30 PM »
I always wanted to feel like a teenager again, but not like this!!!!

Ha ha! Yes, I felt the same. A small part of me suspects that the betadine used during surgery could also play a role. I've never asked about this, but I used to have minor breakouts with high iodine intake, so I avoid.

CK

• Private
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 11:19:52 PM »
not a huge amount actually. i think most of my acne probably had to do with my diet rather than genetics, so when that changed after the surgery some of my acne actually went away. the only area on my face that had some acne was on my forehead, because my hair is naturally oily.