Before/After Photos > Overbites

4mm max genioplasty

(1/8) > >>

streo:
So I thought I'd spin off another thread over here in overbites.  I'm finding this topic quite interesting/encouraging as I myself will be having a 3-4 mm genioplasty, which I thought was small.  But CK had mentioned on more than one post that Arnett/Gunson do a 4mm MAXIMUM genioplasty (I'm assuming advancement).  

Any information or explanation as to why this is the case?

Heavyweight:
I have an extremely shallow labiomental groove, so I think I would need a significant larger genioplasty. I also don't want to end up with a prominent jaw and a weak chin, because that tends to look really bad. The opposite -- slightly recessed jaw, prominent chin -- looks much better, in my opinion.

streo:
I have ZERO problem deferring to the surgeons in this case.  Honestly this information really puts me at ease!

streo:
Some perspective...the headphones that ship with an iPod has a jack that is 3 millimeters in diameter.  Although I have yet to experience it, I know millimeters are like miles on the face, and I'm having a hard time believing that this will make much of a difference and that going larger than this is "bad planning".

But then again, I'm not a doctor...I've only spent a few minutes a day reading on subject matter to which doctors devote their entire life.

But still!!!

CK:
any surgeons share the view that 4mm genio is the maximum, anything beyond is evidence of poor planning prior to surgery?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version