Before/After Photos > Underbites

Re: Underbite Jaw surgery BEFORE

(1/3) > >>

stevek216:
Is your surgeon going to do a genioplasty also?  I needed one because he said my chin would actually look recessed after he moved it back (wouldn't that be a change of pace), but yours looks like it has that little upturn that most people have on their chin. 

perfetto8390:
I think that he said a genioplasty would be a possibility. Im not too sure what the final plan is for surgery but hopefully I will find out soon.

CheezyGuy913:
Exciting!! All you need is the right surgeon (and the go ahead from the Ortho). I was (weird now to say 'was' haha) a class 3 with a crossbite too. I'm only 2 weeks post surgery but I'm already excited about the results I'm seeing. Hang in there, I know the wait can feel like an eternity but that surgery date will get here before you know it!! You're pretty already, the surgery will just be icing on the aesthetics cake. ;D

Oh I just realized you have lingual braces....which makes me super jealous haha. Did the ortho/oral surgeon say they could do the surgery with the lingual 'behind the teeth' braces? When I started this journey I asked about the linguals but was told that since I needed (2) jaw surgeries that they weren't an option.

perfetto8390:
@Cheezyguy913 I hope that your reovery is going well  :). I am trying to hang in there lol, but I am on summer break now and I am ready for this. I already have my oral surgeon, I am just waiting for my teeth to be in the correct positions to get the go ahead from my orthodontist to have surgery. I thought my teeth were perfectly straight, but with the stainless steel wire they put on my teeth are moving way out now :( . I do have lingual braces, which have made this journey a little bit easier in some aspects. They said that I can have surgery with the lingual braces, but they will cement the surgical hooks on the front of my teeth. There was also some talk of possibly putting regular braces on my back teeth, but I am not sure if that will be happening or not. What would you say is the hardest part of your recovery so far?

Kristen:
Does anybody know what causes some people to have an underbite?   Or the reasons for your own underbites?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version