Author Topic: are you as critical of others as you are yourself  (Read 2040 times)

trigeminalneuralgia

are you as critical of others as you are yourself
« on: August 24, 2012, 07:16:09 AM »
like would you date someone with a major jaw issue,

would this change after a successful surgery

trigeminalneuralgia

Re: are you as critical of others as you are yourself
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 11:28:07 AM »
bone deformities really dont bug me, im used to them

i think on a superficial level i couldn't go through with having sex with an overweight person.  maybe if i ever become average weight :/

Marisama

• Private
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 11:45:10 AM »

i think on a superficial level i couldn't go through with having sex with an overweight person.  maybe if i ever become average weight :/

Huh?

Ducky

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 12:15:06 PM »
I'm also way more critical of myself than others. I wouldn't have any problem dating someone with jaw issues or other things of that kind. Weight issues don't bother me either, especially within the range that most people fall. I think I'd be more hesitant to date someone without any physical "faults," in fact, because I'd be more self-conscious and aware of my own faults. That's not something I like about myself, though, and I'm trying to get over it (current boyfriend has been genetically blessed - and he doesn't care at all about my jaw issues).

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 12:55:32 PM »
That's a good point, ducky.  I used to have some pretty attractive friends and I always compared myself to them.  Very bad for my ego...Damn genetics

streo

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 02:09:43 PM »
So there's this other member of the crossfit gym I go to, and she has a lower jaw deficiency and probably needs upper/lower jaw surgery, genioplasty would make a BIG difference for her.  But of all the women there (and there are some really friendly/beautiful women that train there) I find that I'm most attracted to her.  The reason?  She is a REALLY cool person to talk to!  Honestly I don't see her as "defective" or "different", just somebody I'd like to know better.

stevek216

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 07:25:42 PM »
I'm also way more critical of myself than others. I wouldn't have any problem dating someone with jaw issues or other things of that kind. Weight issues don't bother me either, especially within the range that most people fall. I think I'd be more hesitant to date someone without any physical "faults," in fact, because I'd be more self-conscious and aware of my own faults. That's not something I like about myself, though, and I'm trying to get over it (current boyfriend has been genetically blessed - and he doesn't care at all about my jaw issues).

I totally agree, I think it's just that I'm more confident around somebody who has obvious faults.  Not to the point where I want to date Igor but just dating a really really conventionally "hot" person would leave me feeling inadequate.  Though that's more of a commentary on my own self confidence than anything haha.