Author Topic: What's the consensus on HA paste?  (Read 13381 times)

molestrip

• Private
Re: What's the consensus on HA paste?
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2015, 10:35:11 AM »
I forget but I think I spoke to you a while back, right? Whether HA paste would cause swelling... very individual. You'd have gotten it from fillers too, very routine. I wouldn't blame Dr G from that. I've met people without fancy work who had cheek swelling too. BMP may be responsible, that stuff swells like mad but lots of surgeons using it now. I've listed my gripes with HA paste here and it's not all that bad. But you may be in a bit of a bind now cause if you don't like the way it looks, I don't know whether it's a good idea to layer over that fancy new product on top of it. I know it's ossified but does that mean bone can grow on top of it? One of the biggest risks with surgery is that you can't get the fancy new surgery that comes along in a few years. We're all gonna feel like s**t when these awesome silk based resorbable plates come around and we're still having problems with this crap. Of course, it might not pan out but probably mid-2020s before people start feeling comfortable with it. I don't know about you but I don't want to wait 10 years to fix my bite, plus the risks and recovery gets worse with age. Just a reality of things I guess.

ForeverDet

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2015, 01:07:53 AM »
I forget but I think I spoke to you a while back, right? Whether HA paste would cause swelling... very individual. You'd have gotten it from fillers too, very routine. I wouldn't blame Dr G from that. I've met people without fancy work who had cheek swelling too. BMP may be responsible, that stuff swells like mad but lots of surgeons using it now. I've listed my gripes with HA paste here and it's not all that bad. But you may be in a bit of a bind now cause if you don't like the way it looks, I don't know whether it's a good idea to layer over that fancy new product on top of it. I know it's ossified but does that mean bone can grow on top of it? One of the biggest risks with surgery is that you can't get the fancy new surgery that comes along in a few years. We're all gonna feel like s**t when these awesome silk based resorbable plates come around and we're still having problems with this crap. Of course, it might not pan out but probably mid-2020s before people start feeling comfortable with it. I don't know about you but I don't want to wait 10 years to fix my bite, plus the risks and recovery gets worse with age. Just a reality of things I guess.

Agreed about individual response to swelling.

don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my cheekbones now, don't ever plan on touching them or having any other facial procedure except alar base reduction.

It's just the residual swelling. From the little I've found there isn't much one can't do about it except hope it eventually subsides. Have you read or head about the elimination of residual swelling after several years post-op?

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2015, 01:19:58 AM »
Depends on the cause. If it's a foreign body reaction, then I suspect it will stop when the foreign body is removed. Should the augmentation ever start to degrade, you'd get scattered pockets of inflammation. It happens with fillers too sometimes I hear. I think there's a treatment for breaking it down when that happens, you might look into that? But then you might lose some of your augmentation too. Personally, I wouldn't want a chronic inflammatory condition in my body since it can have systemic effects but it's also to some extent a reality of life.