Author Topic: Would you get Plastic Surgery after Jaw Surgery?...  (Read 9658 times)

Tiny

• Private
Re: Would you get Plastic Surgery after Jaw Surgery?...
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 08:08:59 AM »
I can't seem to find what material is used in these? Is there anyone who uses titanium for custom implants?

Normally it's silastic (ie silicone).  Some are made of medpor but it's a lot less common now as it's very difficult to remove medpor implants

Custom titanium implants are very expensive at the moment.  In time, as 3D printing technology improves, I think they will become more affordable

Never heard of zirconium being used before, interesting

FaceDay

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2014, 05:03:14 PM »
What's with these nose issues people are getting? Shouldn't an upper jaw advancement make the nose less prominent?

Alue

• Private
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2014, 08:00:51 PM »
What's with these nose issues people are getting? Shouldn't an upper jaw advancement make the nose less prominent?

Certain advancements can make the nose widen. 

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2014, 08:32:02 PM »
Certain advancements can make the nose widen.

Yea my nostrils widened but im only a little over a month out, so I hope it goes down over the months :/  I dont want to have to start worrying about getting a nose job. At least its only the nostrils though, because that can be fixed without having to have an osteotomy.

jusken

• Private
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2014, 10:25:16 PM »

It's probably the most consistent issue people mention after surgery.  I have this problem, and although my nose widened by about 3mm,  I'm still on the fence about it.

Would I get PS after jaw surgery? 

It would have to be something very extreme for me.  It is terrifying to me to go through any more elective surgeries to be honest.  Something like an alar base reduction is very simple and and seems very predictable though (the risks/recovery aren't even close to most).  I have almost completely abandoned the idea of getting orbital rim implants.  The process just doesn't seem to be very scientific which scares the hell out of me - and that goes for all implants imo.  After a few consults on this I am pretty solid on my decision.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2014, 01:43:23 AM »
I am completely against the idea of implants. You don't know what they're going to look like down the line and I don't want to do anything to my body that will require maintenace in the future.