Author Topic: Income and attractiveness  (Read 18480 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Income and attractiveness
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2013, 03:32:46 PM »
Just to jump in, can you just outrightly divide the world into good looking, average or ugly people? Seems a little closed minded IMO.

For example, I adore Alan Rickman, think he's gorgeous. I know many many people who disagree with me. Is he ugly? Or good looking? Surely this is all subjective?!

I don't really understand the point being made here!

Alan Rickman is tremendously attractive and charismatic. He has a distinct look, but I'm sure many people find him gorgeous. Also, he has such a beautiful sonorous deep baritone of a voice that is also very attractive. So I agree. I don't think things are as cut and dry as many people think.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2013, 03:49:40 PM »
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion."

I think beauty is a lot more divisive than pretty.  For example, a girl who's a 8 or a 9 - 95% of people would say she was pretty.  But for a girl who is strikingly beautiful, some would rate her as a 10 but others at as a 3 or 4.  I think there has to be something unusual in the face to take someone from "very pretty" to "beautiful"

For example this girl, who supposedly has a perfect face.  I think everyone would agree that she's extremely pretty.  But personally I wouldn't describe her as beautiful or striking.

Women like Eva Green, Angelina Jolie, Keira Knightley,  Berenice Marlohe I consider beautiful - as do most people but some consider ugly.  Kristen Stewart is another example, she really seems to divide opinions.

And you can be sexy, without being all that attractive.  Daniel Craig - face like a mug.  Sexy?  Hell yes, because of the attitude and the figure.

x

• Private
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2013, 03:50:59 PM »
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion."

I think beauty is a lot more divisive than pretty.  For example, a girl who's a 8 or a 9 - 95% of people would say she was pretty.  But for a girl who is strikingly beautiful, some would rate her as a 10 but others at as a 3 or 4.  I think there has to be something unusual in the face to take someone from "very pretty" to "beautiful"

For example this girl, who supposedly has a perfect face.  I think everyone would agree that she's extremely pretty.  But personally I wouldn't describe her as beautiful or striking.

Women like Eva Green, Angelina Jolie, Keira Knightley,  Berenice Marlohe I consider beautiful - as do most people but some consider ugly.  Kristen Stewart is another example, she really seems to divide opinions.

And you can be sexy, without being all that attractive.  Daniel Craig - face like a mug.  Sexy?  Hell yes, because of the attitude and the figure.
is it weird that i can spot the asymmetry in this 'perfect' face?

CK

• Private
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2013, 07:52:34 PM »
I think beauty is a lot more divisive than pretty.  For example, a girl who's a 8 or a 9 - 95% of people would say she was pretty.  But for a girl who is strikingly beautiful, some would rate her as a 10 but others at as a 3 or 4.

LOL. only girls boiling with jealousy and rage rate extremely attractive women below average. you will never find a guy who is going to say a "10" is a 3. never.

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2013, 08:07:36 PM »
LOL. only girls boiling with jealousy and rage rate extremely attractive women below average. you will never find a guy who is going to say a "10" is a 3. never.

Agreed, mostly jealous women are the ones ranking other women lower than what they probably should be- its a terrible thing to admit but it stems from insecurities and the fact that some women feel trapped by their appearances. Putting someone down is their way of thinking they're ahead.

That girl is pretty. What the f**k is a perfect ten? Why is there this numerical system to rank people? It bothers me.
Anyways- we all seem to steer towards certain traits in people even if they are not considered 'attractive' by the mainstream
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

x

• Private
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2013, 08:09:01 PM »
*cough* Kristin Stewart

;D

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2013, 04:15:54 AM »
*cough* Kristin Stewart

;D

Keira Knightly?   I think she's stunning, I think most would agree.  My Dad says she's ugly.  There are a good few models with strong feature that I think are really beautiful and mention it to boyfriends and they really didn't agree.

Of course the blonde girl is pretty, super super pretty.  My point is that beautiful tends to be more divisive than pretty.

overbiter

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2013, 06:49:02 AM »
A healthy development matters more than being a certain type. A treacher collins guy will seriously struggle to find a more normally developed person who would be willing to date him, to use an extreme example.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-11780938