Author Topic: narrow jaws  (Read 11276 times)

x

• Private
Re: narrow jaws
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 04:41:48 PM »
jaw surgery is a very traumatic experience. there are so many alternatives - jaw implants/augmentations, cheek implants/injections, i think even gonials can be manipulated. i don't know. just in my mind, i would start with the most minimal procedure before jumping to jaw surgery. no one is looking down on you, because your grievances are sensible and not unrealistic like some posters.

good you are not in pain. that was definitely a line - not necessarily a red one - but a good line for surgery. but then there is the fear that the surgery might not even correct the pain (which i was told was a risk, but rare), so then what. what i will say is i see your current photos, and you look a lot better - conventionally imo - than many do post-surgery. im just saying, if this is 100% aesthetics weigh the pros and cons.
Did you have jaw pain all your life or did it start at some point and get worse as you got older?

I'm honestly just going to listen to what the doctors say, if they say surgery is a bad idea so be it and I'll improve on other things. Like I said before though, the ortho thought surgery was a possibility (and he doesn't stand to gain much like a surgeon would) so maybe it is more than superficial.

trigeminalneuralgia

Re: narrow jaws
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 06:27:29 AM »
I have this as well I think, if I smile, it shows a bit too much of the back of the mouth at the corner of the smiles.

ugh when i smile big i totally have this, too much black

so if i didnt have eds i would *consider* cheek implants for my nonexistent midface
or as a male jaw implants, maybe not sure.  glad im not a guy.