Author Topic: for those who've already had surgery with A&G...  (Read 2229 times)

treevernal

• Private
for those who've already had surgery with A&G...
« on: November 12, 2012, 12:54:56 PM »
Just curious how much your surgical fee changed from the initial consultation to the final records appointment?  If you don't mind sharing of course.  I'd just like to know what's in store as I don't wanna be bombarded with a 10k increase in fees :P  I've heard it often goes up with grafting, new procedures, etc.

Thanks. 

Marisama

• Private
Re: for those who've already had surgery with A&G...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 01:50:07 PM »
My deposit was based off the same figure.  Hopefully it will stay that way.

CK

• Private
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 01:56:30 PM »
i was told to have 5-7k on hand in case fees go up. the fees can go down. chances are low though. if you've already paid the pre-surgical deposit, i doubt they are going to say pay up 10k or no surgery. the OR is already scheduled for the next day (or day after), it's not worth it for the surgeon imo. you will obviously owe money later, which will mess with your credit if you don't pay.

znewton

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 04:01:54 PM »
My pre-surgical deposit turned out to be identical to what Dr.Arnett came up with at my final records appointment. Natasha said this is very rare but NOTHING changed at all. What ended up happening though was quite a surprise but not completely unexpected - he ended up having to do some HA grafting along my lower jaw after all was said and done which he did not anticipate prior to surgery.

treevernal

• Private
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 04:23:50 PM »
Thanks for the info Z.  Just curious, did they charge you for that extra HA grafting after the fact?

znewton

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 04:39:54 PM »
Yup. Luckily my insurance came back with a substantial reimbursement so they simply provided me with my refund check minus the additional fees. I'm not quoting anybody but I was lucky and received a little over 4x than what the office usually sees for patients with Anthem Blue Cross  :o

treevernal

• Private
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 04:43:58 PM »
Yup. Luckily my insurance came back with a substantial reimbursement so they simply provided me with my refund check minus the additional fees. I'm not quoting anybody but I was lucky and received a little over 4x than what the office usually sees for patients with Anthem Blue Cross  :o

Wow, you are really lucky (I have zero coverage  :P).  Good for you though.  

Joy

• Private
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 06:33:31 PM »
Haven't had surgery yet, but I did pay my deposit.  It was $2,050 more than my consultation quote.  The difference was because of an increased physical fee, and an increased hardware fee.