Author Topic: Re: RAPID EXPANSION /MULTI-SEGMENT for--NARROW MAXILLARY ARCH MUST READ!!!  (Read 3300 times)

pumukka

Re: RAPID EXPANSION /MULTI-SEGMENT for--NARROW MAXILLARY ARCH MUST READ!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 02:44:40 PM »
Same here, but my case not being that "bad" nor having started yet, whatever I do I wont take short half ass route.

If I go trough it again, wear braces again + surgery and taking all this time off or even trading off the last years of my aspiring "modeling-acting" career it wont be for anything less than that "hollywood full wide smile" I wanted from the start and enjoy it for the rest of my life without regrets of just getting braces to close the gaps from extractions and make my teeth a little less flared, no way jose! im going with that treatment plan, ha!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 04:11:36 PM by pumukka »

overbiter

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 03:14:03 PM »
i think it becomes just too difficult like this lazio...RPE on top, DO on bottom...then surgery....what the hell!

I've heard of people having both upper and lower distraction, then double jaw surgery. That's what I want too. There was a case on another forum where someone had posted pictures of themselves, before and after the ops. Apparently they looked really good after, a massive improvement in looks. I couldn't see the images because I didn't have the right privileges at the time. I can't remember which board it was, maybe archwired or that other one (not jawsurgeryblog).

Personally I think the real reason surgeons don't usually do distraction is that it is more trouble for them. Think about it, all that follow up work, showing the patients how to do the distraction/making sure everything is going right etc. It's a big myth that cutting and plating is better for adults, because whenever distraction is absolutely necessary, it is always viewed as a wonderful and beneficial fallback option.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2013, 07:38:28 PM »
I've heard of people having both upper and lower distraction, then double jaw surgery. That's what I want too. There was a case on another forum where someone had posted pictures of themselves, before and after the ops. Apparently they looked really good after, a massive improvement in looks. I couldn't see the images because I didn't have the right privileges at the time. I can't remember which board it was, maybe archwired or that other one (not jawsurgeryblog).

Personally I think the real reason surgeons don't usually do distraction is that it is more trouble for them. Think about it, all that follow up work, showing the patients how to do the distraction/making sure everything is going right etc. It's a big myth that cutting and plating is better for adults, because whenever distraction is absolutely necessary, it is always viewed as a wonderful and beneficial fallback option.

Hey overbiter, if you've looked at my other posts on this topic you'll see I'm massively interested in distraction since I do think it is the only/best way to address many of the most imp. issues with this surgery, especially if you have both narrow as well as retruded jaws. If you fine ANY more information or can find the name of the person who had both upper and lower distraction then I'd really appreciate you posting that info. Thanks.

treevernal

• Private
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2013, 08:12:30 PM »
Lazlo, you crack me up LOL