Author Topic: Infraorbital Rim Augmentation / 'Squint' look  (Read 45057 times)

jusken

• Private
Re: Infraorbital Rim Augmentation / 'Squint' look
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2019, 11:33:39 AM »
Reviving this thread. Are there any minimally invasive suggestions for fixing ‘Stallone eyes’? I was thinking of an injectible filler. Can HA paste be injected without full surgery?

Wow, I was really active on this subject all these years ago...

I haven't really kept up with this subject, but I seriously doubt much has changed.  HA paste would be used for extremely mild improvement at best.  To get a nice smooth shape like an implant, you'd need some kind of robot surgeon that could see subdermally and essentially 3d print it under there...

Just for the record, I have abandoned the idea of orbital rim implants for myself.  I find the idea of placing a foreign object through my eyelid horrific, and will just live with my ghoulish eyes for now.

fulcanelli

• Private
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2019, 11:23:57 PM »
I am not keen on eye surgery either but sceral show is srs. I was thinking they could inject the HA paste or some kind of filler instead?

Dr Y does something called a lateral canothepexy to tighten the tendons and remove excess skin. I’ve read of people having Botox injections to try and achieve a positive effect but I am not sure how successful it is.

I have always had a bit of white showing under my iris but it’s got worse as I’ve gotten older. I also use daily contact lenses and that may exacerbate it.

I’ll update the thread with anything I find.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2019, 09:49:19 AM »
I am not keen on eye surgery either but sceral show is srs. I was thinking they could inject the HA paste or some kind of filler instead?

Dr Y does something called a lateral canothepexy to tighten the tendons and remove excess skin. I’ve read of people having Botox injections to try and achieve a positive effect but I am not sure how successful it is.

I have always had a bit of white showing under my iris but it’s got worse as I’ve gotten older. I also use daily contact lenses and that may exacerbate it.

I’ll update the thread with anything I find.

HA 'paste' or granules for that matter is not injected. It is overlayed via a surgery for which there is an incision to do so. Radiesse, which is an injectable with HA particles suspended in a gel like matrix can be injected. But under the eye is NOT a good place for it to be injected. Under THICK tissue is better in the event there are lumps which would be less visible under thick tissue.

BOTOX is often used to reduce DYNAMIC wrinkles--like crows feet--aka 'smile lines' to the sides of eyes. NOT something you want to do if your objective is to SQUINT more. Why? Because the SAME muscles used for smiling are used to squint.

As to Dr. Y's cantho procedure, it would depend on whether or not your scleral show was attributable to lack of midface support in the orbital rim area. If that were the case, the cantho procedure would be done in conjunction with orbital rim implants WITH midface lift to suspend the soft tissue and hoist it upwards to attach to the implants.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

fulcanelli

• Private
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2019, 10:44:39 AM »
HA 'paste' or granules for that matter is not injected. It is overlayed via a surgery for which there is an incision to do so. Radiesse, which is an injectable with HA particles suspended in a gel like matrix can be injected. But under the eye is NOT a good place for it to be injected. Under THICK tissue is better in the event there are lumps which would be less visible under thick tissue.

BOTOX is often used to reduce DYNAMIC wrinkles--like crows feet--aka 'smile lines' to the sides of eyes. NOT something you want to do if your objective is to SQUINT more. Why? Because the SAME muscles used for smiling are used to squint.

As to Dr. Y's cantho procedure, it would depend on whether or not your scleral show was attributable to lack of midface support in the orbital rim area. If that were the case, the cantho procedure would be done in conjunction with orbital rim implants WITH midface lift to suspend the soft tissue and hoist it upwards to attach to the implants.

Thanks, great knowledge and clarity as always. I will set up a consultation in London and see what they say. Can anyone recommend any other oculaplastic surgeons in Europe?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 03:15:08 PM by fulcanelli »

fulcanelli

• Private
« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2019, 03:24:17 AM »
Any recommendations for a occularplastic surgeon in Europe? Does Dr Zarrinbal do this work? Pretty sure I need this more than jaw surgery.

fulcanelli

• Private
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2019, 03:21:15 PM »
I had a promising consultation. I went in thinking about infraorbital implants and canthoplasty but the surgeon said I could probably achieve the look I want (no scleral show) by releasing some of the skin in the lower lid.

I will still have negative vector eyes, but I am thinking some filler under the eye could bring it out a bit. Any thoughts?

lookism

« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2019, 05:29:46 AM »
I had a promising consultation. I went in thinking about infraorbital implants and canthoplasty but the surgeon said I could probably achieve the look I want (no scleral show) by releasing some of the skin in the lower lid.

I will still have negative vector eyes, but I am thinking some filler under the eye could bring it out a bit. Any thoughts?

to which surgeon you went? i recently read a lithuanian surgeon offers this kind of surgery for little name but unfortunately the exact name wasnt mentioned

Lestat

« Reply #97 on: June 06, 2020, 01:48:44 AM »
Just for the record, I have abandoned the idea of orbital rim implants for myself.  I find the idea of placing a foreign object through my eyelid horrific, and will just live with my ghoulish eyes for now.

Why didn't you try fillers?