Author Topic: Infraorbital Rim Augmentation / 'Squint' look  (Read 48961 times)

Optimistic

• I am class I
Re: Infraorbital Rim Augmentation / 'Squint' look
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2014, 09:55:53 PM »
Meh she didn't look bad to begin with. I'm talking about eye bags due to negative vector cheeks and other bulls**t.

Frankly I can't see much of a difference in terms of her eyes. Though the squint look I'm talking about doesn't work on women, so it's probably a good thing.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2014, 09:21:52 PM »
One option is a canthopexy with an enduragen or hard palate graft for support. This video explains

Detailed Surgery for Scleral Show but Advising Postponement for Young Lady

Unfortunately, the raise of the lower lid isn't even and you'll wind up looking like you've had work done. Also, post-surgical inflammation lasts a very long time and sometimes never goes away at all so that the surgery needs to be reversed. I've consulted with Prasad myself in person and it didn't seem worth it to me.

I'm probably going to get orbital decompression which should improve my lower lid retraction (which is what causes scleral show).

Rewatching this again it's interesting what he says about the cheeks. I believe I'll throw out the notion of infraorbital rim augmentation until I've had my chin wing and Malar osteotomy as there's a good chance I'll see chances in that area once the cheek bones are raised and augmented. If there are still any concerns I could look at addressing it via an implant or graft.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2014, 11:31:28 PM »
What, no lefort iii?

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2014, 02:21:36 AM »
Meh she didn't look bad to begin with. I'm talking about eye bags due to negative vector cheeks and other bulls**t.

Go see an ophthalmologist, see if anything can be done with the soft tissue/fat redistribution/fillers.

I can vouch for this guy in London, he is one of the very best with a special interest in cosmetic, aesthetic work. He's meticulous, honest and a really nice bloke in general: http://www.ramanmalhotra.com/blepharoplasty.php

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2014, 02:28:14 AM »
Go see an ophthalmologist, see if anything can be done with the soft tissue/fat redistribution/fillers.

I can vouch for this guy in London, he is one of the very best with a special interest in cosmetic, aesthetic work. He's meticulous, honest and a really nice bloke in general: http://www.ramanmalhotra.com/blepharoplasty.php

It's not a soft issue problem and I've looked like this since I was a child basically so it's not age related either. I've studied a lot of before/after pictures and good results are very rare when only the soft tissue is addressed.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2014, 02:55:39 AM »
It's not a soft issue problem and I've looked like this since I was a child basically so it's not age related either. I've studied a lot of before/after pictures and good results are very rare when only the soft tissue is addressed.

I hear you, addressing the underlying structure would be ideal but if that's not possible then a little camouflage action might help.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2014, 09:11:58 PM »

This is exactly how I feel too. I don't think it makes sense to be using fillers, fat grafts, and lifts to improve what is in essence a structural problem.

I'm going to ask Triaca what he does for infraorbital rims and report back.

MrRochester

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2014, 01:29:07 AM »
Rewatching this again it's interesting what he says about the cheeks. I believe I'll throw out the notion of infraorbital rim augmentation until I've had my chin wing and Malar osteotomy as there's a good chance I'll see chances in that area once the cheek bones are raised and augmented. If there are still any concerns I could look at addressing it via an implant or graft.

I'm also holding off fixing my eyes until I've recovered from another procedure (rhinoplasty in October). I'm probably just going to try filler at first as per these studies http://synapse.koreamed.org/DOIx.php?id=10.3341/jkos.2012.53.3.357&vmode=PUBREADER and attachment

Good luck on the chin wing. It was my dream to get a chin wing with Triaca or Zarrinbal, but I sadly had to abandon it and settle for a regular SG because my parents are paying for my surgeries and didn't really want me doing it in Europe.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2014, 04:51:52 AM »
I'm also holding off fixing my eyes until I've recovered from another procedure (rhinoplasty in October). I'm probably just going to try filler at first as per these studies http://synapse.koreamed.org/DOIx.php?id=10.3341/jkos.2012.53.3.357&vmode=PUBREADER and attachment

Good luck on the chin wing. It was my dream to get a chin wing with Triaca or Zarrinbal, but I sadly had to abandon it and settle for a regular SG because my parents are paying for my surgeries and didn't really want me doing it in Europe.

Well that answers some of the questions I had after reading your other thread.

I'll be getting a chin wing and malar osteotomy with Triaca in the very near future. After that I'll assess the situation and probably consider a modest amount of forehead recontouring and call it quits.

I'm going to ask triaca if he offers some form of infraorbital rim augmentation using grafting. If he does then I'll try and get this done at the same time. I won't go out of my way to specifically address the issue, however. At least not yet.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2014, 08:05:36 PM »
I consulted a doc about zygoma augmentation (with HA) and canthoplasty (my outer corners are droopy)
He said that augmenting the zygomatic arch will indeed support the eye area and reduce bags and droopyness of the eyes

I got fillers in the bags, stiff hyalauronic acid, deep under the skin and down near the bone.  It helped the hollows but to be honest the eye shape looks pretty similar

Personally I think that to get the 'narrow eyes' (Almond eyes) look, a canthoplasty and/or lateral browlift is the most effective way

http://www.lidlift.com/procedures/midface  <- this guy seems to do a lot of orbital rim implants

PloskoPlus

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2014, 08:29:25 PM »
Tiny,

That doc back pedalled on implants in recent years.  Now offers them in special cases.   otherwise, it's filler all the way.  If his real self posts are anything to go by.

MrRochester

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2014, 02:22:57 AM »
Tiny,

That doc back pedalled on implants in recent years.  Now offers them in special cases.   otherwise, it's filler all the way.  If his real self posts are anything to go by.

Yes, I e-consulted with that guy and he told me wouldn't perform surgery on me, only fillers. I know another person with my degree of scleral show (1-2 mm) who also consulted with him and his response was the same. He reserves surgery only for revision patients it seems.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2014, 08:11:44 AM »
Tiny,

Interesting. So many docs these days recommend fillers for absolutely everything and anything.  IMO it's a bit of a racket and fillers as the perfect thing for docs to make tons of money from - needlessly expensive, low risk, and must be frequently repeated.  That's why doctors get so defensive and start howling about when nurses or technicians inject, saying they're not capable, it's too difficult, blah blah blah.  I get the feeling that some docs suggest fillers before anything else, repeat them a few times, and then when it doesn't fix the issue they finally agree to operate....after making $ doing several rounds of fillers

Not saying that fillers don't work, but they're more appropriate for some cases than others

The lady I see now for mine isn't a surgeon but she's great and I pay less than half of what I would in a surgeons office

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2014, 09:21:47 AM »
Interesting. So many docs these days recommend fillers for absolutely everything and anything.  IMO it's a bit of a racket and fillers as the perfect thing for docs to make tons of money from - needlessly expensive, low risk, and must be frequently repeated.  That's why doctors get so defensive and start howling about when nurses or technicians inject, saying they're not capable, it's too difficult, blah blah blah.  I get the feeling that some docs suggest fillers before anything else, repeat them a few times, and then when it doesn't fix the issue they finally agree to operate....after making $ doing several rounds of fillers

Not saying that fillers don't work, but they're more appropriate for some cases than others

The lady I see now for mine isn't a surgeon but she's great and I pay less than half of what I would in a surgeons office

That's exactly what I felt when Paul Johnson kept bringing up lip fillers as the solution to my problem with the underprojected upper jaw. I would probably take the same stance myself if I was a doctor.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2014, 09:31:59 AM »
That's exactly what I felt when Paul Johnson kept bringing up lip fillers as the solution to my problem with the underprojected upper jaw. I would probably take the same stance myself if I was a doctor.
IMO it's a bit cowardly.  Like they don't have confidence in their own skill

I went to a doc who was supposedly one of the best in town to discuss revision rhino.  He didn't want to operate because it was "difficult" and told me just to get fillers in the bridge to balance the scooped out bridge and the large tip.
However, 4 other docs had no issue. Two said to get a graft and two said just to reduce the tip cartilages.

Having said that, the thin skin in the eye areas makes implants tricky, especially over time.  I've seen cheek implants that after 10 years looked BAD

Anyway, I don't think that implants are the best thing for getting narrower eyes, anyway.
Posko, I think you have a quite heavy brow? If you get canthoplasty alone then your eyes could end up tiny but canthoplasty combined with a temporal browlift could give a nice result....if you want to go down the PS route.

Personally I have quite saggy eye corners and I just get botox to raise the brow about 2mm and then put black eyeliner in the waterline of the outer corner, an white eyeliner on the inside coner