Author Topic: Does Forehead Bone Bossing Exist?  (Read 1482 times)

Optimistic

• I am class I
Does Forehead Bone Bossing Exist?
« on: May 03, 2014, 08:16:05 PM »
I've found surgeons performing brow bossing on MtF transsexuals, however can't see anything for actually bossing the bone of the forehead itself to improve slant.

Is there a reason for this?

To explain a little bit you may be aware that men and women have different forehead slants. Men tending to have a greater slant than women, whose foreheads remain largely flat. Some men (and practically all FtM transsexuals) have foreheads that could be deemed very feminine, and as a consequent their profiles are negatively affected. It's basically the recessed chin of the upper face.

My forehead angle isn't particularly feminine, however I could benefit from a very modest amount of forehead bossing to create a greater slant. I've done a lot of morphs of this and when even a tiny amount of extra forehead slant is added it really sets off the ante-face look that I get in my jaw surgery morphs.

I'm just wondering if there's a reason no surgeons even advertise to offer this given what a substantial benefit it can bring to so many people.

If people care enough I could try and do some morphs to demonstrate what I mean. I'm just feeling a little lazy and sadly not as motivated as Madeira  ;D
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

dantheman

• Private
Re: Does Forehead Bone Bossing Exist?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 11:08:03 AM »
I have a flat forehead with a prominent supraorbital ridge. Where does that leave me??

PloskoPlus

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 04:33:56 AM »
AFAIK, if you can think of it, Barry Eppley does it.

http://www.exploreplasticsurgery.com/category/forehead-recontouring/

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 11:00:07 AM »
You can have my gigantic forehead! I saw the pictures on Barry Eppley's website and it seems like a pretty pointless procedure to do.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 09:52:52 PM »
AFAIK, if you can think of it, Barry Eppley does it.

http://www.exploreplasticsurgery.com/category/forehead-recontouring/

Thanks, I e-mailed him about it then! Let's see what he has to say.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 09:53:39 PM »
You can have my gigantic forehead! I saw the pictures on Barry Eppley's website and it seems like a pretty pointless procedure to do.

It depends. I've done a lot of morphs of my face since become proficient with photoshop and I can say that even a modest increased slant significantly improves my profile and adds to the anteface appearance I get more jaw advancement.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 10:16:25 PM »
Update: I got in contact with Dr Eppley who said that it is indeed possible, and based on the morphs I presented very much achievable.

Given the location of the sinuses I suspect not much can be done to remove bone at the lower part of the forehead... but who would want that anyway?

By removing some bone at the top of the forehead it'll give a much more masculine slant. I'll be confirming with Triaca whether or not he has experience with this. I imagine it wouldn't be particularly difficult for a maxillofacial surgeon to do.