Author Topic: postsugery pics, productive or counterproductive  (Read 1431 times)

trigeminalneuralgia

postsugery pics, productive or counterproductive
« on: August 18, 2012, 10:49:22 AM »
i am asking this bc i am sure the swelling immediate postop and then up to...a year(?) or so afterwards can get funky and uneven, am i correct?  it would be worrisome to me.  where do you draw the line with taking postop pics? 

CK

• Private
Re: postsugery pics, productive or counterproductive
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 10:58:15 AM »
very productive, at least for the week two weeks because that is when the swelling gets huge. then a profile, 3/4s, and front once a week if you have time. sometimes im lazy but i have one picture for at least each week of recovery. if you take one every day the changes aren't as obvious.

stevek216

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 06:33:50 PM »
I'm glad I saw the immediately and few days post op pictures.  If I had just seen before and far after, I would've panicked at my giant chipmunk face.

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 09:12:36 AM »
good point. 

i guess there's a line to cross.  i tend to be a worry wart.  maybe just a few pics at different angles each when, then stop, definitely not daily

ticktickatick

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 05:17:26 PM »
I personally have not taken pictures after surgery yet. I am a couple weeks post-op. I mean a took a picture today with my dying grandfather because it might be the last time I ever see him. But it wasn't to document how funky I look.

I don't really see the point of a lot of post-op pictures. Either your before/after is good at 6 months or whatever or it's not. Why do I care how I looked transitioning with lots of swelling?