Author Topic: Some before and after pics  (Read 55573 times)

LoveofScotch

Re: Some before and after pics
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2014, 09:52:44 PM »
nrelax11,

I hope you're feeling OK tonight, and hopefully the early mornings start getting better!

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2014, 10:12:42 PM »
Oh, maybe an entire jaw surgery cookbook? Actually, scratch that, you two should do an entire jaw surgery book! Anywhere from recipes that are particle-free, to recipes that can be eaten through a syringe, to dishes that are dairy free (apparently dairy gives everyone pimples now), a section of soft foods that still have substance (pulled pork dishes!), etc.

Another part of the book could be discussing all things surgery: how to work with an orthodontist, treatment plans, surgical movements, black triangles, counterclockwise rotation, joint stuff, etc.

I suppose the market for a book like this would be pretty small, but we would all buy it! Even better if you could actually sell it at the surgeons office!

Thats a good idea LoveofScotch :) You wont believe how many people I've found out who have had jaw surgery or had the option too. I guess because I never even really knew about jaw surgery before.

Also ive been doing a lot better. Didnt throw up this morning and my day was pretty good. My swelling is starting to go down and I cant wait for my first post op appointment Tuesday. I still cant believe I finally had the surgery. I wanted it so bad and its finally over with :D

LoveofScotch

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2014, 08:27:47 PM »
Still feeling OK with less morning puking? Hope so!

I hope your first post-op appt. goes well tomorrow!

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2014, 08:55:19 PM »
Yea no more puking in the morning and hanging in there. I stopped taking pain meds, but my face is so achy all the time. Its not anything I cant handle though. Im getting use to having my tongue on the roof of my mouth now becausewith my lip incompetence before, my tongue kind of just hung there. So I need to get used to all that.

Thanks LoveofScotch :)

Still feeling OK with less morning puking? Hope so!

I hope your first post-op appt. goes well tomorrow!

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2014, 03:57:08 AM »
Ask at your appointment if it's ok to use heat pads on the face. I found moist heat really, really soothing at the achy stage - the  little malleable bags of wheat that you warm in the microwave are very handy.

pekay

« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2014, 07:23:55 AM »
Did you get a genio? or did you only have bi-max?
Chopsticks > Spoons

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2014, 10:33:06 AM »
Ask at your appointment if it's ok to use heat pads on the face. I found moist heat really, really soothing at the achy stage - the  little malleable bags of wheat that you warm in the microwave are very handy.

I started using heat on day 4 I think. I dont know how to make moist heat last long because a damp hot cloth feels really good but gets cold really easily.

@pekay No genio, just a bimax. Im pretty sure I got my chin from having a herbts appliance when I was younger because in all my other pics I had a really flat chin and then after the herbts it was stronger.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2014, 12:23:12 PM »
Had my first post op appointment today and he said everything looks amazing and is really impressed :D He said my teeth were as clean as someone like 4 weeks post op :) I made sure to keep them as clean as possible. I got two light bands put on to wear 24/7 which is better than the tight ones. God, it was sooo weird taking the bands off. My jaw jusy sprung open lol. I had a piece of tomato from my soup yesterday stuck on my back molar bracket xD So yea, everything has been going a lot better than expected and it definitely was not as bad as I thought it would be. Even though I felt a lot of pain,  I made it through the first week and anyone else having this done soon can do it do :) I know JennyC is having her surgery next, so, you can do it!

I went to school today and geez, as I was leaving this dude was starring at me like I was a monster lol. Ive never seen that look before. I didnt know if he wanted to murder me or was just disgusted :D oh well

Just kind of wanted to get this off my chest, but I hate the uneven swelling,  ug. My left side is healing nicely while my right side is really lagging.  I dont know how it's going to look once all the swelling is gone since my right side was always meatier
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 04:13:54 PM by nrelax11 »

LoveofScotch

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2014, 08:07:08 PM »
Hi nrelax11,

How are you feeling? Are things still going OK, other than the uneven swelling? Is your right joint a little better?

Hope you're doing well!

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2014, 10:16:44 PM »
Hi nrelax11,

How are you feeling? Are things still going OK, other than the uneven swelling? Is your right joint a little better?

Hope you're doing well!

Yea my joint has been feeling a lot better. I think some of the pain is from tight muscle along my skull and temple area and my neck on the right side. The pain usually only occurs now when I take my bands off to brush my teeth. I can open my mouth a little over one fingers width and while trying to brush the bottom side of my molars, i get some pain . Besides that things are going well :) started gaining weight back and attempting to be in public more, but I still feel a little anxious in front of others because im defiantly still swollen in areas. I am only about 2 weeks out, so its expected to be swollen still. Got a longs ways to go. Its very frustrating and like others say, waiting to see the final results is a slow loooong process. I definitely don't regret the surgery so far :)

PloskoPlus

« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2014, 03:50:56 PM »
You mentioned both of your jaws were advanced 7 mm.  That sounds huge!  Because you didn't look recessed at all preop, just the gummy smile.

LoveofScotch

« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2014, 03:58:42 PM »
nrelax11,

How's everything going? Still holding up alright?

I hope you're doing OK, and that time is passing as quickly as possible!

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2014, 11:29:38 AM »
You mentioned both of your jawadvancementanced 7 mm.  That sounds huge!  Because you didn't look recessed at all preop, just the gummy smile.

Its sounds bigger than it looks I guess. I had talked to a couple surgeons and they said I could use some advancement. I do kind of wonder what I'd look like if I had just got the impaction and a smaller lower advancement. Ohhh wellll.

And im doing ok LoveofScotch.  My mom kind of regrets me having surgery because Ive had chronic hip pain for the past 4 years and neck for a year now (posture related) and it was getting much better through corrective exercises. Now after my surgery I couldnt exercise for a while and things got worse, so I just havent been that happy lately. Its tough trying to recover and deal with that too. Ive also been dealing with some other personal issues too now, so I dont know if maybe I should have waited to have the surgery :/ I hope things get better in the future. Jus been extremely depressed lately
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 11:56:37 AM by nrelax11 »

LoveofScotch

« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2014, 01:32:20 PM »
Oh, I'm sorry you're having a challenging time, nrelax11.

On the upside, if both your hip and neck pain improved with corrective exercises before, they will improve again! Also, I know there are obviously better times than others, but is there really ever a great time for major surgery? The fact that you're hopefully over the worst, and slowly healing and returning to your prior normal is great!

I'm so sorry this is all s**t right now. Hopefully, the Holidays will be here before we know it, and you'll be well on your way to feeling better.

Hang in there :)

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2014, 09:14:49 PM »
Thanks LoveofScotch :) I know things will get better in the future.

Does anyone know when I can floss again? I need to email my surgeon.